Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

DelRed22

Reaction score
I need some good vibes. Ordered on 6-25 and still in the waiting for people to gather my parts stage of the build.

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RubiRam392

Jackass 4th grade bully
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to use the penfed or truecar discount while being given employee pricing?

KTRAM22

Reaction score
13E3E073-EB18-41A4-BD98-8A306A2742B5.jpegHey all just an FYI, i checked mopar recall website for Y76 recall and it says Parts are available:

View attachment 26030
Yes, that is correct. They have the replacement now. When I made a post about the dealer trying to hold my truck due to the recall I went home that evening and researched everything imaginable on the Y76 so that I had as much power as possible to prevent them from doing so. I succeeded! To make a long story short, your new Ram will either have 1 of 2 different Heater Relay models. 1. Relay Model #68444169AA or 2. Relay Model #68444169AB. The “AA” model is the one affected with the recall, the “AB” is the replacement and corrected recall part number. Mine happened to come with the “AB” yet still had a pending recall. Upon speaking with RAM I was informed that some trucks built later in the 3 month window had the replacement already put in. I went to the dealer, opened the hood and said mine is the AB model. They couldn’t argue, hooked it to the wiTech system and signed off on recall. However, even if the part is the “AA” they will simply take an infrared thermometer and read just beside the QR code on the relay to see if it stays below 80°C. If it does, you passed. If not, they will replace the relay with the “AB” model and you will be good to go. Whole process takes less around an hour even if replacement is necessary.

thejam

Reaction score
brv10 When you get a chance would you be able to check if my truck is still in JB or has it shipped? VIN # 3C6UR5FJ0NG136451. I thank you IN advance for all your work and how everyone has been very informative along this long journey.

Smalltown

Reaction score
Yes, that is correct. They have the replacement now. When I made a post about the dealer trying to hold my truck due to the recall I went home that evening and researched everything imaginable on the Y76 so that I had as much power as possible to prevent them from doing so. I succeeded! To make a long story short, your new Ram will either have 1 of 2 different Heater Relay models. 1. Relay Model #68444169AA or 2. Relay Model #68444169AB. The “AA” model is the one affected with the recall, the “AB” is the replacement and corrected recall part number. Mine happened to come with the “AB” yet still had a pending recall. Upon speaking with RAM I was informed that some trucks built later in the 3 month window had the replacement already put in. I went to the dealer, opened the hood and said mine is the AB model. They couldn’t argue, hooked it to the wiTech system and signed off on recall. However, even if the part is the “AA” they will simply take an infrared thermometer and read just beside the QR code on the relay to see if it stays below 80°C. If it does, you passed. If not, they will replace the relay with the “AB” model and you will be good to go. Whole process takes less around an hour even if replacement is necessary.
I hope I don't have to become ASE certified to pick up my truck.

Users who are viewing this thread