Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Firewall

Reaction score
There are any number of reasons one vehicle is built before another (every feature can affect it). They will usually build in batches (a group of 1500s, a group of 2500s, etc). But, if your ordered build requested an option that is on backorder, it can hold it up at most. At best, they continue to build it in sequence as far as they can and then ship it to storage, finishing when the part comes in. I hope this helps.
Well that is the logical reason and of course makes sense. It just sometimes when you look at the excel sheet you wonder why the poor person that ordered in May doesn't even have a build sheet, then the person that ordered a few weeks ago already has the truck! Your insight and experience is very much appreciated!

MegaStro

Reaction score
For those wondering about price increase, I noticed the difference between original POC and todays. I accepted that risk when ordering but base price and destination charges increased. Not much but its there.

Attachments

• 20211111_155202.jpg
    20211111_155202.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 20211111_155154.jpg
    20211111_155154.jpg
    367.6 KB · Views: 49
Reaction score
Well that is the logical reason and of course makes sense. It just sometimes when you look at the excel sheet you wonder why the poor person that ordered in May doesn't even have a build sheet, then the person that ordered a few weeks ago already has the truck! Your insight and experience is very much appreciated!
The POC is created the moment a vehicle is ordered. If someone ordered and still can't get that, I might speculate that the particular dealer is on temporary order suspension for the reason I mentioned earlier. I appreciate all of you!

22RAMAlazan

Reaction score
and yet another day with no call from my dealer saying truck is at DLR........10 more days i tell my self......10more days.......

H.O._FO_SHO

Reaction score

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
For those wondering about price increase, I noticed the difference between original POC and todays. I accepted that risk when ordering but base price and destination charges increased. Not much but its there.

My truck hasn’t arrived yet but my salesman has sent me POC’s from time of order until now. As it stands right now, my initial MSRP was $90,240 current MSRP as listed on the window sticker is $91,375. An increase of $1,135. I’m really hoping they’ll work with me on price or maybe do something with price protection. I guess time will tell. Truck should be delivered to the dealer between 11/30 and 12/15. Hoping to get the business owner discount and the first responder discount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lee Iacocca

Grumpy Old Fart
Reaction score
My truck hasn’t arrived yet but my salesman has sent me POC’s from time of order until now. As it stands right now, my initial MSRP was $90,240 current MSRP as listed on the window sticker is $91,375. An increase of $1,135. I’m really hoping they’ll work with me on price or maybe do something with price protection. I guess time will tell. Truck should be delivered to the dealer between 11/30 and 12/15. Hoping to get the business owner discount and the first responder discount.

Business owner discount? Never heard of so many discounts. Can I get one if I walk funny?

Calef_HD

Reaction score
You will NOT get any accurate build or shipping date until after it is built strangely enough, the dates get more accurate after that until you get to the actual train leaving and arrival dates, the you still have to allow for some inaccurate dates, kind of stupid for the price we are paying but that's the way it is unfortunately, once the truck is out of the plant and invoiced ,RAM is done with it, it's then your dealers truck until you pay them for it, in between all that, it's up to the storage lots, railcars and trucking companies.
Sounds like the scheduler’s moonlight as weather guessers ⛈

22RAMAlazan

Reaction score
Got an update from Sandi this afternoon. My truck is officially in port at Louisiana! It appears most here have received their trucks within about a week of landing right? Can anyone chime in? Thanks @OfficerDirtySanchez and @brv10
I was supposed to get mine from 10/30 - 11/12...... then 1-2 days ago they (RAM) changed it to 11/10 - 11/22. Still waiting. Because tomorrow is friday and day before my B-day, i hope I get a call and i will head out asap!

CJTEX

Just came here to flex
Reaction score
Yes but does it have both Left Front and Right Front Springs - and does it have both the 8.4 and the 12 in display?
It appears to be a generic Equipment List for making sure parts are available for basic truck model then additional pages of unique items some of which supersede base items - Confusing at best, but (a) it indicates your truck is built and (b) its probably worth the effort go over it in detail and highlight pkg items you ordered above base truck and check against what you thought you ordered. One previous poster was short an item.
Yeah I didn't mean to come off pretentious or complaining, just is a very long list that has no real organization to it using sub sections or bolded sections to show the main options with the order codes would be useful. This is my first Ram and if I could sit with a program manager I'd say they need to work on the nuances of the customer experience.

- automated tracking attached to mopar customer login, easy to do, add a bar code to scan at the start of each section of the factory.

- detailed build sheets that have a cleaner look

- more after market options for trucks like dodge came out with - example - cams, air intake, tuners etc. -

- custom leather colors to choose from ( really wanted dark brown in my power wagon)

- Ram gear - fishing pole holders, offroad recovery gear, tow kits, wheels, etc.

Last edited:

Jdiddy83

Reaction score
Ok, so here's my take on build order and priority. Your dealer has monthly allotments for each vehicle. It has nothing to do with trim or upgrades, simply the model. These allotments are based on historic sales of said models. So, your dealer can order all they want, but when their allotment isn't there, your order won't get built until such time. I ordered a Durango in March as my dealer told me it could take 4 months or more to be built. They had other Durango orders in before mine for inventory. Well, apparently my build took the place of one of those inventory and my Durango was delivered to South Florida in 21 days! Just my 2 cents, not necessarily facts.

tyler2you

Reaction score
Ordering a 2022 Yukon XL Denali with the 3.0 diesel for my wife in the morning, dealer says 4-5 months. Here I go again…….
Are they allowing orders with the 3.0 diesel again? I went by the GMC dealer in September and they told me they were unable to order the 3.0 L diesel due to parts shortages.

jambram

Reaction score
I'm sure there are some out there who might. But, there is a strong reason why we and most dealers have to require them. If a vehicle is ordered for a customer (which now gets build preference over inventory units), and when the vehicle arrives, it doesn't get delivered to the original person it was ordered for, Stellantis will turn off dealer ordering privileges for up to 90-days, which can strangle a dealer, especially in these times when stock allocations are 1/7th of regular (we sell 200/mo and normally get 200 to replace, we got a whopping 30 for this month). So, it is a way to make sure the customer is serious and will take this vehicle when it arrives. ;-)
Andrea, can you clarify your statement about vehicles ordered for a customer getting build preference over inventory units? The was talk of this back in the summer, but obviously it didn't happen. Was there some formal announcement by FCA/Stellantis?

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Do dealers allow people to order without down payments? Is it possible that if not they are not considered "sold" orders?
It is up to the dealer whether they take a deposit or not, your name will be associated with the VIN and VON as well as the POC.

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
Ok, so here's my take on build order and priority. Your dealer has monthly allotments for each vehicle. It has nothing to do with trim or upgrades, simply the model. These allotments are based on historic sales of said models. So, your dealer can order all they want, but when their allotment isn't there, your order won't get built until such time. I ordered a Durango in March as my dealer told me it could take 4 months or more to be built. They had other Durango orders in before mine for inventory. Well, apparently my build took the place of one of those inventory and my Durango was delivered to South Florida in 21 days! Just my 2 cents, not necessarily facts.
I think Ford does that. It’s possible.

But I know we are seeing EARLY Mark Dodge orders that still haven’t delivered…so not sure how that is impacted. Pretty sure they’re using a random number generator to decide what’s next.

MegaStro

Reaction score

I figure we cross that bridge when we get there. I expected prices would go up.

Users who are viewing this thread