Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Brewmark

Reaction score
Half Borrego Springs, Ca. Half McCall, Idaho
@AndreaChapmanScottsdale updated my status. It's getting close. Headed to Scottsdale.

Latest news... Tracking showed your vehicle in Ashfork AZ at 2a this morning. Is was in Winslow last night around 7p. It's making its way. Here's a screen shot of rail routes.

14f313e44a3011331b9f8b3aeb18f495.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Apaschke82

Reaction score
This is why I specifically asked if they would honor the agreed upon price listed on the POC, even if there is an increase on MSRP, before I placed the order.
My salesman had me put a small deposit down to lock in the invoice price at the time of order because he was sure that the prices would jump up between then and actual production. Sure enough they did so despite somewhat shotty communication and lack of being able to give me much for updates he at least did that right!

Firewall

Reaction score
Do dealers allow people to order without down payments? Is it possible that if not they are not considered "sold" orders?

Cummins0867

Reaction score

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Here are a couple pictures of the interior asked for a few pages back. Let me know if you all would like any other details about the interior, ram boxes, or anything else!View attachment 25487View attachment 25488

Ram knocked the limited trims out of the park. They are literally the nicest pickup interior on the road today. Absolutely blows the ford and Chevy interiors out of the water. Can’t wait to get my Longhorn and go for a long drive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firewall

Reaction score
I did not have to put down a down payment (past ordering history w/ dealer) and my POC says 1-Sold Order.
Interesting, I was just wondering if maybe that was a reason some orders have to wait so long. Who knows I guess!

BigRedDelaney

Reaction score
Reaction score
Do dealers allow people to order without down payments? Is it possible that if not they are not considered "sold" orders?
I'm sure there are some out there who might. But, there is a strong reason why we and most dealers have to require them. If a vehicle is ordered for a customer (which now gets build preference over inventory units), and when the vehicle arrives, it doesn't get delivered to the original person it was ordered for, Stellantis will turn off dealer ordering privileges for up to 90-days, which can strangle a dealer, especially in these times when stock allocations are 1/7th of regular (we sell 200/mo and normally get 200 to replace, we got a whopping 30 for this month). So, it is a way to make sure the customer is serious and will take this vehicle when it arrives. ;-)

BenCummins

Reaction score
I don't know...I just tried your VIN from the tracker and it came right up the first time......I can't get mine to come up but yours came right up....

EDIT: mine isn't due to be built for a week or two
That’s awesome, you made my day! If you hadn’t tried it and posted it, I probably wouldn’t have tried it again until tomorrow.

Porkchopexpress

Reaction score
So I reached out to my sales rep this morning after being in BG got a month now, so he reached out to the district rep to see why.
The rep replied with " If we remove the sun roof and night edition the truck will get built"

I ordered a 2022 Limited 3500 with HO and 8ft box and dual wheels fully loaded.
I would do that in a heartbeat

Reaction score
Interesting, I was just wondering if maybe that was a reason some orders have to wait so long. Who knows I guess!
There are any number of reasons one vehicle is built before another (every feature can affect it). They will usually build in batches (a group of 1500s, a group of 2500s, etc). But, if your ordered build requested an option that is on backorder, it can hold it up at most. At best, they continue to build it in sequence as far as they can and then ship it to storage, finishing when the part comes in. I hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread