Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Air intake heater grid relay delaying truck delivery

Combra6589

Reaction score
Hi Silveram. Thanks for your question. I'm not sure my crystal ball is any cleaner than anyone else's. So, the best thing I can do is give you facts and observations from a dealer perspective. First, and most helpful is that, early on once 2022s started production, we saw many go into JS status and stay there for quite a while. Miraculously, when I looked a couple days ago, only 6 units were in JS (temp storage). And, many are now in shipping status or even delivered (shipping is slow - especially for those made in Mexico). So, depending on what super chip-rich options are on your build, chances are now good it will be finished up and in line for shipping soon. Now, for the good and bad news for our other readers who may have ordered more recently.... Many newer orders and some older have stayed in D or D1 status for a long time (1.5 mos+). It seems like they are opting to sequence Ds further out if they need more chips or back ordered parts (power running boards, ttpms, etc). The good news there is that most are starting production within 1.5 mos. Barring chips and back orders, production goes fairly fast once started. The recall repair on Cummins diesel is now available at the dealerships. As of right now, I haven't heard they are repairing at the factory (not set up to) or swapping the part, but rather having it done at the dealer. Lug nut recall only required new torque specs on the labels and in the manuals. I hope this helps. And I hope you get to enjoy your vehicle and tax benefits in 2021!
Could you give insight on this recall repair? Because my dealer seems to be clueless and told me it could be months. It failed the thermo test and they parked the truck and haven’t touched it since. Star closed my case stating I need a new relay and my dealer hasn’t done anything since

Users who are viewing this thread