Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
RamBox (+$995), RamBox Utility (+$295), Chrome Tow Hooks (+$95), 20" wheels (+$1,695) ... it can really add up quick on a Longhorn.

To great dismay, a fully loaded, like-for-like Longhorn build is about $750 more than its equivalent Limited. I went back and forth a bunch between the two and ultimately landed on the Longhorn if for no other reason to avoid rock chips on a black grille and bumper. On a Limited, I would -have- to get the night edition.

But it's really six of one half dozen of the other... they made the right choice rebranding from Laramie Longhorn to Limited Longhorn.

You can't get the power steps with the Longhorn.

Limited comes with 12" radio standard, and as you said, 20" wheels standard.

The Rambox thing is short bed only.

Adding 12" radio and 20" wheels to a Longhorn puts it about $400 more than Limited and no power steps. Step change to fixed chrome on the Limited gets no credit and the painted fixed steps are actually more.

Last edited:

RubiRam392

Jackass 4th grade bully
Reaction score
Yes! Exactly! He went off on me without the context of my prior posts. Went off on you without reading your whole post. I defended us both. Life is hard enough. You maybe a jackass but I sure didn’t think that. I thought you were just a happy truck ordering dude giving some good natured fun to a friend.
Yeah, its all good. People will do what they want. Life's to short for me to get all riled up over others on forums. I'll gladly adopt whatever name people throw out haha. If I could change my "Active Member" to "Jackass 4th grade bully" I totally would. I do appreciate where you're coming from though. Hopefully you can find the answers you are looking for on here.
I remember back when Chrysler had the VOTS (Vehicle Order Tracking System) and it was probably one of the cooler looking tracking systems. I'm not sure why they did away with it or how long ago they did. The best info you'll get unfortunately is from your dealer/salesperson. There are a few guys on here I have massive respect for and have been super helpful as well. Giving me more precise information for sure.

PatriotPlumber

Reaction score
I ordered two Power Wagons on 7/16 both still "in the works".. that's as far as I have got with the dealer and RamChat has been saying for over 30 days all items to start build have been gathered should be getting built soon. When first ordered dealer said we should be taking delivery around this time and they still haven't hit the line. I am assuming it will be after the first of the year before we take delivery now. 140k in trucks and all I get from the sales guy is "in the works" with no other updates, comical.

RubiRam392

Jackass 4th grade bully
Reaction score
I ordered two Power Wagons on 7/16 both still "in the works".. that's as far as I have got with the dealer and RamChat has been saying for over 30 days all items to start build have been gathered should be getting built soon. When first ordered dealer said we should be taking delivery around this time and they still haven't hit the line. I am assuming it will be after the first of the year before we take delivery now. 140k in trucks and all I get from the sales guy is "in the works" with no other updates, comical.
That is infuriating. At what point do you just cancel and order through another dealer? Is that even an option to get your deposit back from them?

PatriotPlumber

Reaction score
That is infuriating. At what point do you just cancel and order through another dealer? Is that even an option to get your deposit back from them?
That is a good question. If we don't see any movement this week we are going into the dealer to discuss canceling. Sucks that we are trying to grow our company and cant do that until we get more vehicles and Ram has dropped the ball on this one. We have purchased two ProMaster vans in the past from them with no issues but this time has been a horrible experience.

Coonhound

Reaction score
I'm happy for each and every one of you guys that get your trucks (a little less happy for people who ordered in September when I ordered in July ). It just means some of us are that much closer to getting ours. Previous commenter said that the more goodies you order, the longer you wait. Not good for me when I added a ton of extras. Should have just ordered a Larmie with a few extras. Although it's not like they are cranking out a bunch of Larmie trucks either. Originally I was thinking worst case scenario, I'd have the truck by Halloween. Now I'm just hoping to have it by Christmas! 3 months of D status so far.

msoto

Reaction score
Does anyone know what they are doing for the trucks currently being built and scheduled to be built in regards to the relay?

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
Does anyone know what they are doing for the trucks currently being built and scheduled to be built in regards to the relay?
My guess it was a bad batch that was used. They probably have new ones.

KTRAM22

Reaction score
RamBox (+$995), RamBox Utility (+$295), Chrome Tow Hooks (+$95), 20" wheels (+$1,695) ... it can really add up quick on a Longhorn.

To great dismay, a fully loaded, like-for-like Longhorn build is about $750 more than its equivalent Limited. I went back and forth a bunch between the two and ultimately landed on the Longhorn if for no other reason to avoid rock chips on a black grille and bumper. On a Limited, I would -have- to get the night edition.

But it's really six of one half dozen of the other... they made the right choice rebranding from Laramie Longhorn to Limited Longhorn.

View attachment 24241
Excellent comparison!

ElkRam

Reaction score

Adding 12" radio and 20" wheels to a Longhorn puts it about $400 more than Limited and no power steps. Step change to fixed chrome on the Limited gets no credit and the painted fixed steps are actually more.

You can (I ordered) get power steps on Longhorn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flopsy

Reaction score

Power steps are in that longhorn level 1 package you can select just as an fyi

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I think what @Brutal_HO is saying is that they don't come "Standard" on a Longhorn like they come standard on a Limited....at least that's how I took it.

No, I was very wrong believing that you couldn't get power steps at all. I didn't look at the package, I guess because that is all standard on the Limited I was only looking at the step options section.

Users who are viewing this thread