Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Navin11585

Reaction score
Mark Dodge is easy to deal with, but a long distance. You can also check out Fitzgerald CDJR in Lexington Park, MD. I would suggest sending your build to a couple dealers and see what makes the most sense for you.

You should be able to get at least invoice on a build order.
Thank you i will look into them tomorow I appreciate the help.

CJTEX

Just came here to flex
Reaction score
I've gotta admit: if you have the pennies, that tremor is the only thing on the market that competes with the best of what Ram offers. A luxurious offroad oriented HD with a diesel engine. My family and I have been ford people for years. This past time, we didn't even ship Ford that much. It's just obvious that Ram is heads and shoulders above everybody else for the moment. I wouldn't trade my Limited for anything on the market. I surely wouldn't shell out the extra dollars for a fancy overlanding package. But Ford is listening and they just offered their take on one of the very few things Ram is behind on: a Cummins powerwagon.
I cross shopped the two and the tremor at the end of the day was just a lift kit and tires compared to the power wagon extras. The price was like 5k different too. The new level 3 interior I got blows away Ford and my local Ford dealers in 100 mile radius don't know how to take care of customers. They damaged my wives 2019 Platinum expedition at each dealer I jumped from one to the next door maintenance due to damage to her new vehicle. If they can't take care of a 80k suv, why am I going to trust them with a new diesel with complex fuel systems etc. ?

End of the day I'm a Ford guy leaving them(F-150 prior myself), buying my first Ram and the expedition will be sold when my truck comes in. My wife already moved into a 22' hybrid camry and loves the 42 mpg on regular haha. If you need a diesel for a PW your shopping the wrong truck, if you're that extreme of an over lander you also have the $$$ to do an engine swap too, just my $.02.

Every guy in my shop drives Ram, so I think they're winning pretty good right now.

Also to keep this on topic... truck ship date still 11/9 , I was told it was being built the other day but no window sticker yet.

love2build

Reaction score
Has the recall/stop sale been deemed fake news? Anyone know or care about it?

lovmoney69

Reaction score
Big Horn Mega cab orders, Looking at the spreadsheet, there isn't a single Mega cab 2500 in production. Kinda sucks, looked like in the beginning they were knocking out some of the lower trims but then that stopped and turned into high trims. Feeling like me joking about not getting it this year is now becoming reality...

Rant over...
I looked through the entire spreadsheet last night too lol. There's only like 4 BH that have been built and they are all 3500. My build date was supposed to be last Monday so I was hopeful but it didn't happen. My ship date is tomorrow but that's obviously not going to happen either. Losing hope...

Canman89

Reaction score
I looked through the entire spreadsheet last night too lol. There's only like 4 BH that have been built and they are all 3500. My build date was supposed to be last Monday so I was hopeful but it didn't happen. My ship date is tomorrow but that's obviously not going to happen either. Losing hope...
At least you aren’t a May order. I’ve had 4 estimated ship dates come and go. Ram chat has “Escalated” my case 4 times now and each time I’ve been told I’d receive a call in 1-2 business days and I’ve never gotten a single call. Just did it again and Ramchat Randy said my case had never been escalated…

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
My 2500 BH Gas is built.

BrentD86

Reaction score
Has the recall/stop sale been deemed fake news? Anyone know or care about it?
From what members are hearing from multiple dealers, it is real. It will be coming very soon (I wouldn’t be surprised if within the week). It is supposed to be from an old issue where a heater relay could make the diesels catch on fire whether the truck was on or off, the previous fix involved just putting silicone on the area. That fix has now been deemed insufficient for safety.

My big issue is Ram does not have a new/acceptable solution for it. So the stop sale is basically “no more diesel sales or deliveries until we fix it, and we don’t know how to fix it”. With Ram’s track record recently who knows how long this set back will take. We also don’t know if they will continue production of diesels or suspend it.

Very disappointing and I hate new delays after waiting this long. That said I also don’t want to go through all this for a new truck just for it to burn down in my driveway.

MegaStro

Reaction score
From what members are hearing from multiple dealers, it is real. It will be coming very soon (I wouldn’t be surprised if within the week). It is supposed to be from an old issue where a heater relay could make the diesels catch on fire whether the truck was on or off, the previous fix involved just putting silicone on the area. That fix has now been deemed insufficient for safety.

My big issue is Ram does not have a new/acceptable solution for it. So the stop sale is basically “no more diesel sales or deliveries until we fix it, and we don’t know how to fix it”. With Ram’s track record recently who knows how long this set back will take. We also don’t know if they will continue production of diesels or suspend it.

Very disappointing and I hate new delays after waiting this long. That said I also don’t want to go through all this for a new truck just for it to burn down in my driveway.
RAM has to wait for Cummins to fix it. Cummins is the slow up in this situation. Can't fault RAM for a design flaw with Cummins.

rmzachar

Reaction score
RAM has to wait for Cummins to fix it. Cummins is the slow up in this situation. Can't fault RAM for a design flaw with Cummins.
As someone who works as an engineer for an automotive supplier and deals with recalls from time to time with our specific product, believe me if this is causing a stop sale Cummins is getting beat up hourly by FCA. I can't imagine they don't have some type of solution already. The recall press releases never quite tell the whole story of what is actually going on with these types of things, from my experience at least.

Thompsre08

Reaction score
Big Horn Mega cab orders, Looking at the spreadsheet, there isn't a single Mega cab 2500 in production. Kinda sucks, looked like in the beginning they were knocking out some of the lower trims but then that stopped and turned into high trims. Feeling like me joking about not getting it this year is now becoming reality...

Rant over...
My bighorn MC is on the production line right now

Users who are viewing this thread