Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
Damn . I have a ship date tomorrow for my limited yet still in freaking d1. For almost a month now

Blah, blah, blah! Brag, brag, brag
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dirt Diggler

HDRams' Mark Wahlberg
Reaction score
Pretty sure that is incorrect. Seems like I have dealt with this in the past. I don't have to worry about it now as I am 100% disabled vet and can get a vehicle every 3 years without paying the taxes but I am pretty sure you only pay the difference. I assume you would have to do the deal with the same dealer though. Would be worth checking into with the tag office. I am in Moore, OK BTW so if you see a delmonico red limited mega cab with disabled vet tags driving around here in Hopefully less than 6 months feel free to honk and waive!
They tried to pass state bill 1619 in 2020 to reduce the taxable amount by the trade-in value but it failed in the house.

I'm near Tulsa and will be running a black 3500 mega Laramie. If I make it over to Moore I'll keep an eye out for you!

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Ram should pay commission on all laramie to limited upgrades to those who sold you on it in this forum

I figure with the referral commissions for Limited upgrades and the deals we help push to either Sandi or Andrea, I should be getting a YUGE discount on a 2022 3500 Limited HO/Aisin CC 4x4 SRW LWB Granite Metallic and a 2020 MSRP trade-in but I'm gonna drive it until the 22 comes in.

Last edited:

Tyadcock

Reaction score
I did the same today. Laramie to Limited. Didn’t lose anything or any time. I just ordered last Tuesday.
My original order was June 26th. Figured since I didn't even have an estimated date of even starting the build that I didn't have anything to lose. I think something was wrong with my first order anyway. When I called ram chat they said they couldn't even find my order and that not finding it was not normal. Then the next day they would just email me and say it was in the scheduling process.

22BHmega

Reaction score
There seems to be confusion on the power folding on the BH. Tried to clear it up this weekend with no luck. Power folding was with level 1 and B. It appears now it might only be on Level C not A. That one is Level C so who knows.
I was understanding that power fold mirrors were standard now. Not part of a package.

Tyadcock

Reaction score
Ram should pay commission on all laramie to limited upgrades to those who sold you on it in this forum
Only reason I wanted the longhorn was because the alligator print leather. My 2018 had it. Looked on Sunday at some '19 and they had the same color but not the alligator print. I just kept liking the night edition more and more. Too bad they don't offer it for longhorn.

rossagge

Reaction score
page 3 of 4 GPG is the code on the standard features list.
Trying to figure out the in floor storage though on big horn.
Yes, under floor storage is standard on Big Horn.
Edit: What Homeslice said...part of Level 1 or whatever the package is called now. Had it on mine, thought it was standard, but was part of Level 1 pack.

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
This is true, and I’ll change my example to a passenger vehicle as the trade in. But, the basic point I was getting across to the member that I replied to is that not all states have the same trade in tax credit structure.
It also becomes a moot point if the trade in value is significantly less than what you can sell it for

rossagge

Reaction score

Level 1 Equipment Group

$2,145
  • Cluster 3.5-Inch Color Display
  • 18-Inch x 8.0-Inch Polished Aluminum Wheels
  • 2nd-Row In-Floor Storage Bins
  • Cloth 40 / 20 / 40 Premium Bench Seat
  • Dual Glove Boxes
  • Door Trim Panel Foam Bottle Insert
  • Footwell Courtesy Lamp
  • Front Fog Lamps
  • Glove Box Lamp
  • "Lone Star" Instrument Panel Badge
  • Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
  • Locking Lower Glove Box
  • Power Black Trailer-Tow Mirrors w/ Fold-Away & Heat
  • Power Adjustable Pedals
  • Power-Folding Mirrors
  • Rear Dome Lamp with On/Off Switch
  • Automatic-Dimming Rear-View Mirror
  • Steering-Wheel-Mounted Audio Controls
  • Sun Visors with Illuminated Vanity Mirrors
  • Uconnect® 4 with 8.4-Inch Display
  • Universal Garage-Door Opener

Linked4door

Reaction score
Your forgetting the extra in sales tax that you’re going to need to pay since you don’t have a trade.
I didn't forget, the savings were still to great for it to make a difference. Appreciate the heads up though. The amount I got for my truck locally was greater than I would have gotten from Mark dodge on a trade and the few local dealers hinted they wanted more than MSRP on a build. I also didn't want to drive it or deal with shipping it 1k miles. With my luck I would wreck the truck on the waybdown to LA.

The biggest reason for me was I knew it would take longer than anticipated to get the new truck built, and didn't want to gamble on getting less for the trade when ever the new one was ready. I have a company vehicle so I "can"wait as long as needed, not that I want to though.

This benefit varies from state to state. Some states have you pay sales tax on the full purchase price of the new vehicle regardless of whether or not you trade a vehicle towards it.
The state i live in (NC) I could have only paid tax on the difference as he was saying. It still wasn't enough of a difference for me to go a different route than I currently am.

rossagge

Reaction score
I didn't forget, the savings were still to great for it to make a difference. Appreciate the heads up though. The amount I got for my truck locally was greater than I would have gotten from Mark dodge on a trade and the few local dealers hinted they wanted more than MSRP on a build. I also didn't want to drive it or deal with shipping it 1k miles. With my luck I would wreck the truck on the waybdown to LA.

The biggest reason for me was I knew it would take longer than anticipated to get the new truck built, and didn't want to gamble on getting less for the trade when ever the new one was ready. I have a company vehicle so I "can"wait as long as needed, not that I want to though.

The state i live in (NC) I could have only paid tax on the difference
Same here. I sold mine over 3mths ago. I prob won't get my new truck until the EOY, beginning of next year. I would have put at least another 22k mi on it by then.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Linked4door

Reaction score
Those that ordered through Mark Dodge; does your salesman give you regular updates or do you have to contact them?
I haven't reached out to Sandi since I paid my deposit in July, and she hasn't reached out to me. I got my vin through ramchat. I know there is a long wait and bugging her every couple of weeks won't help either of us. Just my opinion though. It will be ready when it's ready.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Speaking of Taxes , in Canada they charge a luxury tax in increments on vehicles starting at I think 50k and increasing as the price goes up. However when I order a 3500 it's a farm/work truck and I dont pay this "Luxury " tax... is it the same for you guys down south ( savings made me go to 3500 from 2500 )

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
Well, emailed Sandi and asked for an addition to order, since my order hasn’t made any headway. Requested the Trailer TPMS. I only use 1 trailer and it could be a benefit. Has anybody requested changes from Mark Dodge and had it approved?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread