Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Jock_E_Shift

Reaction score
Also I think someone on here said they produce around 780 trucks per day? I wonder if thats correct?

sconym

Reaction score
Yeah thats weird.
I stopped by my dealer today. He has a big tracking spreadhsheet hung up on one of his walls. There are plenty of both 2500 and 3500's in all trim models that are D1, but mine hasn't changed yet. No worries. It will be here soon enough! Now I am thinking of whether I should sell my current 2016 3500 Laramie outright while the market is still hot as opposed to waiting for trade in. Need to run some numbers tonight...

Taleraas02

Reaction score
I stopped by my dealer today. He has a big tracking spreadhsheet hung up on one of his walls. There are plenty of both 2500 and 3500's in all trim models that are D1, but mine hasn't changed yet. No worries. It will be here soon enough! Now I am thinking of whether I should sell my current 2016 3500 Laramie outright while the market is still hot as opposed to waiting for trade in. Need to run some numbers tonight...
Every market is different of course, but I sold my truck last week. For what it’s worth, the market in northern CA is still hot, but not nearly as much as it was 1.5/2 months ago. I decided to pull the trigger now, as summer is over half done and factories are starting to ramp up new production more each week. I think we’ve seen the worst of the used truck market and things will slowly creep downward back to normal from here, but that’s just my estimation.

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
In all seriousness, it seems like early orders for Laramie and above are being built first. Both 2500 and 3500. No idea if it has to do with the order code or not (there are only a few listed on the tracking sheet right now). Maybe we can get a “ask me anything” session setup with the production line manager :)

luke42179

Reaction score
FWIW, here's a screen shot my dealer sent me (a little info redacted). I ordered May 12, was told the order changed status on 7/22 by Ram Chat (I assume D1 but they wouldn't say) - however, there is no estimated ship date yet from either my dealer or Ram Chat.

You can see that D1 is a code they do in fact use. And you can see the shipping points before going to my dealer in Southern California.

Attachments

• vehicle status screen 8-9-21 edit.jpg
    vehicle status screen 8-9-21 edit.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

Kingphillips

Banned
Reaction score
emailed Sandi today as it had been a few weeks since i had touched base with her. No update for my 5/31 order.

she said "No production information yet. Check back with me in at the end of the month, early September."

I am really in no hurry to get the truck, but its super confusing that orders placed long after mine have d1 and estimated ship dates.
Maybe back order parts

CajunMan.

Reaction score
Pretty similar to what I heard a week ago. Given their volume, I'm a bit surprised there are no updates, but she's been swamped. I sure do wish there was a site we could use so we didn't have to bug the dealer or waste time with RAM chat.

Hope you get some good news soon.
Y’all say you asking ram chat. What is that. A website I can login into with my credentials to find out my information. Would like to see or check into the status changes to follow instead of bothering my dealer.

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
Y’all say you asking ram chat. What is that. A website I can login into with my credentials to find out my information. Would like to see or check into the status changes to follow instead of bothering my dealer.

KenJ

Reaction score
New Member / first post. Ordered a 22 Ram Laramie Cummins 4x4 crew cab, pearl white / billet silver metallic on 7/06. Truck is in D status (firm scheduled, no ship date yet). I hope I'll get it in mid Oct. Waiting for further updates from my dealer.

Last edited:

OfficerDirtySanchez

Reaction score
You’re definitely thinking of someone else

@OfficerDirtySanchez
@Oneskeemer I wish I had some insider access. But I'm just a layperson who had started making notes on what I was reading in this thread. And made my notes public with a form on top of it allowing people to add some of their details on their own.

If there was an API out there allowing me to access more details, I'd be all over it.

I simply rely on people submitting their info through the form, making a comment on the sheet itself, sending me a PM, or watching for new posts on this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread