Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless winch controller

Alligator John

Reaction score
Anyone use one with the PW winch? Which one and how did it work out?

Alligator John

Reaction score
Found what I needed to know on youtube. Ordered the warn wireless controller in advance and storing the wired one as a backup.

LsDelancy

Reaction score
Do you have a link to what you ordered?
Will you need to install a receiver in the winch solenoid box, or is the winch already compatible?

Last edited:

Alligator John

Reaction score
This is the youtube video I found. I read on another forum where it worked without adding the ground wire. It may be a recent change.

Alligator John

Reaction score
Even though my PW is only on order, I already bought one on Amazon. 39% off at the moment. I recently dropped a controller in the mud three times while working on pulling a family member's truck out. I thought to myself there has to be a better option and this was what I found. Amazon #90287

Alligator John

Reaction score
Something else I learned. It has a D shaped plug. If you have an older round one on the winch, this is supposed to still fit over the round one even though it is D shaped.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
I never knew I needed a wireless controller, till I bought a winch with one. love it.

beachbunny

Reaction score
Thought about getting a backup,looks like the wired will now be the backup.hah thanks for the idea

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
that's odd to have wireless only. my mulebos so old, wired was the only option.
Thats what i asked the dealer why no wired switch too. They have an over priced kit to do it but i just wired up an amazon laser etched switch in the dash.

Would be so fun to be stuck and the winch fob dies! Lol

Alligator John

Reaction score
That is why I for sure will want to keep my wired controller stored in the truck as a backup. And spare batteries. The Warn controller uses some weird ones. It would also suck if the batteries corroded left stored inside the remote while it was stored. It was not cheap. I just looked and it has gone up in price by $50 bucks since when I bought it.

20230518_221458.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread