Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which Chevy car should I buy?

Lee Iacocca

Grumpy Old Fart
Reaction score
I’m going to pull the trigger, which one would you buy? I will call them 1 (56) and 2 (57). Be aware that 1 has no heat or air, but it can be added. I know, off topic but I have no friends…..well, 4.

Last edited:

Cas

Reaction score
I’m going to pull the trigger, which one would you buy? I will call them 1 (56) and 2 (57). Be aware that 1 has no heat or air, but it can be added. I know, off topic but I have no friends…..well, 4.

The 2(57) is more my speed. Looks a little more street friendly.

Lee Iacocca

Grumpy Old Fart
Reaction score
@Lee Iacocca I'd go with 2 for the manual. I tried to find a Camero to fall in love with, but couldn't...guess my theoretical new truck has my head turned for a while.

For those who have gotten a Longhorn with the black and cattle tan interior delivered already, anyone put WeatherTech floor liners in it? Specifically the Cocoa colored ones? I'm curious how they look. Thankfully I'm not too far from one of the only two WeatherTech retail stores, so will have to visit after my truck comes in.
4715451-4715456.jpg
Thanks, at 62 years old I’m thinking auto, but my legs still work fine. I got the cattle/black but not the truck yet.

Lee Iacocca

Grumpy Old Fart
Reaction score
I’ll have to say the interior on the 56 is kinda crapy, the car as a whole is solid. The ZZ502 crate motor makes 508 HP on it’s own and cost $10,800. I’m leaning towards it. Look closely at the undercarriages on both.

Grizzly Dave

Reaction score
Thanks, at 62 years old I’m thinking auto, but my legs still work fine. I got the cattle/black but not the truck yet.

Same age as me, and after one knee replacement a few years ago, and another one coming at some point, I understand. Still, in my mind a muscle car should be a manual, but mileage, and tastes always vary.

Lee Iacocca

Grumpy Old Fart
Reaction score
Same age as me, and after one knee replacement a few years ago, and another one coming at some point, I understand. Still, in my mind a muscle car should be a manual, but mileage, and tastes always vary.
No surgery yet, but you‘re gonna be the cause of it. :)

Lee Iacocca

Grumpy Old Fart
Reaction score
Then again, with over 500HP, do I really need to snatch gears? I get it, it’s all about the shifting when you feel like it. With 32” of rear tires it will only matter in the neck. 1 has two 16” MT’s on the rear.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread