Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U Connect 5 Radio Presets Keep Disappearing

392heminut

Reaction score
Well that appears similar to my 8.4 w/out NAV, but that would be a very old software. Have you had a dealership try and update it?

View attachment 63121
I have complained about the issue every time I've had the truck in for issues (about 5 times in the last year or so) and have the work orders to prove it, the issues are noted on every work order! They claimed to have done updates but it appears that that is probably not the case. The service department manager is a very good friend of mine and I guess I will have to address it with him. The service writers have always treated me very good and I hate going above them but it looks like I'm going to have to.

My truck is connected to my home wifi when I check, but as far as I know, it has never done any kind of automatic update.

henrys

Reaction score
I have a feeling that some of the radio replacements were unnecessary, and the dealers just didn’t know how to properly check for and update software on these radios.

Replacing hardware to fix a software problem is very archaic thinking. @RamCares needs to just push out the damn software updates. I've had my truck for 2 years now and it's still not fixed.

ShowKiller1

Reaction score
Got in my truck yesterday for the 1st time in 10 days and all the pre sets were gone. Here we go again

Lucky156

Reaction score
My 2022 Ram 8.4 Radio (non Nav) Uconnect 5 keeps clearing the presets. My truck has just over 4000 miles and this has happened 4 times now. All the other profile settings stay the same (mirror/seat...) but the 15 radio pre-sets change / reset. Has anyone else had this issue? I haven't reset the radio and will be taking it in for its first oil change soon.
I also have a 2022 with the 8.4 radio (non Nav) and had the same issue. Dealer found a short in the radio and replaced it, no more problem.

henrys

Reaction score
I'm stuck at 141 and the dealer says its the latest they have available. What's the process to get this thing updated beyond 141?

Lucky156

Reaction score
I'm stuck at 141 and the dealer says its the latest they have available. What's the process to get this thing updated beyond 141?
Mine had all the updates and was still losing the presets. Dealer said it was a faulty radio and installed a new one. Problem solved.

Lucky156

Reaction score
Mine had all the updates and was still losing the presets. Dealer said it was a faulty radio and installed a new one. Problem solved.
Hey, I apologize. Just saw that you questioned the software version, somehow I missed seeing that. I honestly don't know the version but the dealer told me that it wasn't an unusual issue with some of those radios.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score

Try a different dealer.

Dirt_Farm

Reaction score
My issue finally stopped when I bought the subscription to Sirius. I am now positive it is related to this and the Sirius free trial. Are you with the issue still happening not subscribed to Sirius?

ShowKiller1

Reaction score
I have a paid Sirius subscription and mine still does it. They have even replaced my radio and it doesnt do it as often but it still does it. I found that every time it loses the presets i have to do a factory reset then it will be good for a few weeks.

Thing that sucks the most is when they replaced my radio they apparently used a refurb unit. Every time i do a factory reset it says "Fiat" when it boots up.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
My issue finally stopped when I bought the subscription to Sirius. I am now positive it is related to this and the Sirius free trial. Are you with the issue still happening not subscribed to Sirius?

I had a paid subscription the entire time I was having preset issues. The presets only stayed permanently when I got the 160 software OTA update.

392heminut

Reaction score
I had a paid subscription the entire time I was having preset issues. The presets only stayed permanently when I got the 160 software OTA update.
Same here! I just recently got the 160 software update after I raised a stink at the dealership. I took the truck in for the DPF sensor install and told them if they didn't do something about the Uconnect issue I was going to call Ram customer service. When I got the truck back I was told they did the 160 update. That was about 3 weeks ago and so far everything has been good. Fingers crossed!

Sherwin2004

Reaction score
I don't think this issue will ever be resolved. If Ram couldn't fix a known issue in 2+ years then I don't think they will ever fix it. I've grown used to just losing pre-sets now. But they have pushed me to the point that I will never buy another one. The technology is simply more than I want or need.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
I have a paid Sirius subscription and mine still does it. They have even replaced my radio and it doesnt do it as often but it still does it. I found that every time it loses the presets i have to do a factory reset then it will be good for a few weeks.

Thing that sucks the most is when they replaced my radio they apparently used a refurb unit. Every time i do a factory reset it says "Fiat" when it boots up.
Hello,
We are so sorry to hear that. Please send us a private message with your VIN and present software version, we shall look into it further.
Sylvia
Ram Cares

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think this issue will ever be resolved. If Ram couldn't fix a known issue in 2+ years then I don't think they will ever fix it. I've grown used to just losing pre-sets now. But they have pushed me to the point that I will never buy another one. The technology is simply more than I want or need.

It is fixed with the 160 software that was pushed in July, so if you can get your dealer to update you to 160 you should be good to go.

My truck would not OTA update to 145, so the dealer manually did that. The 160 update was OTA.

Users who are viewing this thread