Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

‘23 RAM 3500 Limited Overland build and adventures

mryak

Reaction score
Started on my Overland build with installing a Buckstop Boss aluminum fron winch bumper. Like the truck it was a 10 month production wait. I love the bumper but had a difficult time getting it on. Mounting holes on supplied brackets were larger than those on the frame. So I had to drill out frame holes and fabricate inner frame sleeves. I upgraded all fasteners to 10.9 rated. It was a pain but worth the trouble. I’m putting a Warn 16.5 winch in with 60’ of 5/8” synthetic line. Recovery gear to be addressed later. Rigid driving lights, fog lights and a light bar are mounted on the bumper. Switching is controlled by a SPod bluetooth system. No physical switches in the cab, its all ran through the iphone.
A Carli 2.5 pintop lift for the 3500 with factory air suspension was next. Carli radius arms included. The installation went smooth with a buddy’s help. Two 3-4 sessions got it done. With room for the tires, 37-11.5-20 Nitto Trail Grapplers were mounted up.

Attachments

• 82DFDFDC-864F-4DA4-8ACB-DD6562C4310F.jpeg
    82DFDFDC-864F-4DA4-8ACB-DD6562C4310F.jpeg
    606.1 KB · Views: 37

flan

Reaction score
Sounds fun. I’m looking forward to following along, living vicariously through you and Chet until my time comes!

Users who are viewing this thread