Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yellow sticker payload argument with general manager at dealer

HDHP

Reaction score
So I just wanted to hear from a few people on thoughts on what the General Manager at my local dealer is saying regarding payload. He is stating that he knows that my truck has a 1820 payload based on the FCA chart for 2021 Ram 1500 Sport 5.7 hemi 4 x 4 with 6-4 box 3.92 gear. I told him yes that is true it states that but after a truck has options this changes and I even provided the yellow sticker showing what it says.. 1383 pounds “never to exceed”. He still is convinced that the sticker is about tire psi and not the actual payload of my truck. I have now asked FCA customer service to provide me a definitive answer and I’ve sent my sticker to them to confirm. Who is betting I’m right ? And who thinks the dealer manager is right ... ( yes I have seen the towing payload thread) my efforts are to help with a new Ram 3500 I believe I need. If this truck had 1820 payload I may have lived with it but 1383 isn’t enough for the future.
View attachment 11937
You are 100% Correct!

HDHP

Users who are viewing this thread