Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

XM Favorites

bowserb

Reaction score
2020 Tradesman, 8.4 Uconnect. If I add a favorite flag to a song or artist on my XM, I am under the assumption that it will bring up a notification when they are on. I know for a fact after checking my XM app that other songs or the same one and artists were playing at the same time. This has not happened. My 17 1500 tradesman did this just fine. Also, is there a way to remove favorites? Under the button it only gives me an option to Favorite Artist and Favorite Song.

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it is the same on the 8.4, but on the 12" if you press and hold over the artist/song you want to delete, after a few seconds you get the option to Remove or Delete (I can't recall).

I added one by accident and hated the alerts, though they didn't stay on screen for too long, so I assume they only pop up for whatever the time limit is whenever the song is starting on another station.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
I haven’t been able to figure out how to get the notifications when a favorite is on, either. But, I’ll be honest, I haven’t read that part of the manual. On other vehicles all I’ve had to do is favorite something and it would start notifications for it, but not this one.

01Time

Reaction score
2020 Tradesman, 8.4 Uconnect. If I add a favorite flag to a song or artist on my XM, I am under the assumption that it will bring up a notification when they are on. I know for a fact after checking my XM app that other songs or the same one and artists were playing at the same time. This has not happened. My 17 1500 tradesman did this just fine. Also, is there a way to remove favorites? Under the button it only gives me an option to Favorite Artist and Favorite Song.
If you touch 'Browse' in the bottom left corner, then go to 'Favorites' on the left side, and then there should be a tab along the top that says 'Remove Favorites'.

01Time

Reaction score
I haven’t been able to figure out how to get the notifications when a favorite is on, either. But, I’ll be honest, I haven’t read that part of the manual. On other vehicles all I’ve had to do is favorite something and it would start notifications for it, but not this one.
Go to 'Browse' in the bottom left corner, then go to 'Favorites' on the left side, and then a tab along the top that says 'Alert Settings'.

Users who are viewing this thread