Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst Nightmare Already

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
And the 3.42 in the 2016 has nothing to do with a better payload. It just means the 2016 could not tow as much as the 2019 with 3.73.

Something is amiss here...but i looked at his pics. They are both 2500s.

Now a 3500...yeah it would have been near the numbers he is suggesting...but there is no 3500

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
His was a 2016 2500 mega cab. Maximum payload was 1990...as equipped would be less

View attachment 688
2019 2500 mega cab payload 2130...as equipped his would be less
View attachment 689

100% surprised they are covering it.

You sir got a good dealership.
I stand corrected. I have just looked and see the numbers as well. Just let my old sales rep know as well.
Picking up this beast on Saturday! Took a $3000 hit on my Used one already with 1500 miles, but got
And the 3.42 in the 2016 has nothing to do with a better payload. It just means the 2016 could not tow as much as the 2019 with 3.73.

Something is amiss here...but i looked at his pics. They are both 2500s.

Now a 3500...yeah it would have been near the numbers he is suggesting...but there is no 3500
I stand corrected. I see the black and white. Just called my old sales person and he’s back tracking now on our conversation.

Don-T

Reaction score
How does yours ride when NOT towing? Is it stiff and bouncy? We’re the occasional travelers with RV and want comfort but capability to tow. Your numbers would be way than enough. Send me your window sticker want to see how yours is built. If you can.
I just made it back here and it look as though you have found another truck. I don't think it would do you any good for me to post my window sticker. Regarding your question about ride, it is stiff but doesn't bounce like leaf sprung trucks I have had in the past. I don't have a problem with the ride, towing or not, but I have been driving trucks most of my life so I am not the best judge. We are full time travelers, I am retired and my wife is a travel nurse.

Don-T

Reaction score
View attachment 692Told dealer to grab this one ASAP
Nice truck. It is the same color combination I have. It very closely matches my 6th wheel camper. Speaking of 5th wheels, what are you going to use for a hitch in the short bed? I think a slider is safest but they are expensive and heavy.

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
Nice truck. It is the same color combination I have. It very closely matches my 6th wheel camper. Speaking of 5th wheels, what are you going to use for a hitch in the short bed? I think a slider is safest but they are expensive and heavy.
I have been using the blue Ox super Ride. Two reasons. It has a dampening shocks on it to help absorb some weight as well and I can almost turn 90 degrees in travel mode, but if I need to turn sharper, I can pull a pin and it will rotate 14” further to the back for slower sharper turns etc. to wiggle into a spot, but with an $80k truck and $74k trailer, so far I never pick spots to stay that are that tight.

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
I just made it back here and it look as though you have found another truck. I don't think it would do you any good for me to post my window sticker. Regarding your question about ride, it is stiff but doesn't bounce like leaf sprung trucks I have had in the past. I don't have a problem with the ride, towing or not, but I have been driving trucks most of my life so I am not the best judge. We are full time travelers, I am retired and my wife is a travel nurse.
Well crap!! Dealer just called me and they have a deposit on that one already. So looks like another 8-9 weeks for special order again.

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
This is correct, there is no longer a 3.42 ratio in Ram trucks. Payload is nothing more than the GVW rating of the truck minus the actual weight of the truck, simple math There is a sticker on the door jamb of every new truck that shows the payload among other things. Look at any of them on the lots. The Ram websites are not accurate as far as payload ratings. The only way to know for sure is to go weigh the truck at your certified scale of choice. Keep in mind the more options the truck has the lower the payload, because it is heavier. Anything you add reduces the payload, people, pets, camping gear, fire wood, tools, etc.

My ‘19 3500 Longhorn SRW has a payload of 3797, the Ram website where you can put in the VIN to get the payload says mine is 4110. The tow rating for my truck is about 24,000 pounds.
New Build
Click to open PDF. Will this be good?? Go with or without air suspension, with 3.73 or 4.10??

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
Seams to me...my .02
If you haven't exceeded the load requirements then it's a WARRANTY issue. FAILED to perform it's design load.
I'm really disappointed in these 2019 2500's.
I hope you have reconsidered your thought on this failure now that the facts have been persented

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
Reminds me of a time at a truck pull, that a guy with a new Titan (3 days off thelot) ended up on the news and a phone call from his dealer.

REAR GAWR. 6040
REAR BAW. 3052 (this will be more with an optioned truck)
CAPACITY 2988 (this will be less with an optioned truck)
PAYLOAD (see door jamb sticker) gonna guess less than 1900

Any idea what the pin weight is on the 5th wheel? (Looks like 2400lbs dry pin weight)
Payload sticker show 1702. 198 pounds less than my estimate.

The truck weighs 8298.

The chart truck weighs 7874.

If you do the rest of the math. The truck did a fine job keeping him on the road.

MrMopar

Reaction score
I hope you have reconsidered your thought on this failure now that the facts have been persented
Nope....my .02 was "IF"
However...my personal experience has been a nightmare.
Tires not balanced and steering wheel crooked from Factory.
Tires are of Poor Quality, nobbies are uneven which causes severe vibration.
Not just my PW, but 2 others on the lot.
Also this 12" Infotainment has issues along with the Nav not working properly.
They put AT tires on...much better.
The money I paid, I expected better.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread