Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst Nightmare Already

Nick

Reaction score
That fifth wheel is too heavy for a 2500 too much pin wt . If you are going to trade it get a 3500 . Your lucky they covered it.

Nick

Reaction score
Pin weight is found by getting your truck weighed then weigh your truck with trailer attached subtract known truck weight from trailer weight . 20 to 25 % of that trailer weight will be your pin weight. or what is sitting on your rear axle . very little if any wt is transferred to the front axle

thestuarts

Reaction score
Pin weight is found by getting your truck weighed then weigh your truck with trailer attached subtract known truck weight from trailer weight . 20 to 25 % of that trailer weight will be your pin weight. or what is sitting on your rear axle . very little if any wt is transferred to the front axle

I was really surprised how little weight is transferred to the front axle when towing. Only 100 pounds was added to the front axle.

Here is my vehicle unloaded.

1588138329448.png

Here is my vehicle towing my 5th wheel.

1588138365520.png

Users who are viewing this thread