Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless hot spot functionality

Mark Halwa

Reaction score
The wait is coming to an end, ordered 12/31/2000 - 2021 3500 Longhorn arriving by train today - I hope!

Once it arrives, I'm interested to know others experience with the built in wireless hot spot?
Does it really have 50 feet of range around the vehicle?
When camping, if the truck is nearby the camper, will the wireless signal make it into the trailer?
Also curious if there is a plan available (for Canadians) where you can pay for a certain amount of data and not have it expire until you use it?

CdnHO

Reaction score
Since I have a smart phone I found little use for it and have not bothered to activate the free trial. Besides, the 1GB of data is pretty puny and you would burn through that pretty fast. I doubt it would be active with the ignition off since it sounds like you want to use it outside the truck. I am sure some folks on here have experience with it and look forward to see what actual users think.

MEGA-HO

Reaction score
I have Wi-Fi for 20 bucks a month it’s pretty use ful in places where cell is dead. Wi-Fi uses att cell towers and always came through for me. As for your question I don’t think it’s realistic for 50 feet. But I think if your pretty close it will work fine as long as your truck is running. I believe it can connect up to about 8 people depending. For me the 20 bucks is worth the unlimited data.

Users who are viewing this thread