Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless android auto not working

Xtrememachines

Reaction score
Uconnect 5 android auto only works with cable. WhenI select AA under device manager it disconnects the phone and asks to turn on compatible device, I have a samsung phone running android 9

g00fy

Reaction score
Uconnect 5 android auto only works with cable. WhenI select AA under device manager it disconnects the phone and asks to turn on compatible device, I have a samsung phone running android 9
What Samsung phone? According to Google these are the phones and versions of Android compatible with wireless AA:

Any phone with Android 11.0

A Google or Samsung phone with Android 10.0

A Samsung Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+, or Note 8, with Android 9.0

Xtrememachines

Reaction score
Xcover field pro, I would think the os is what would determine if it would connect.

g00fy

Reaction score
Xcover field pro, I would think the os is what would determine if it would connect.
Your phone is probably not compatible. I don't know why, I would think if android 9 can run it on 1 phone it should be able to run it on any phone with android 9, but maybe only certain phones pre-android 11 have the necessary hardware/horsepower.

DrTron

Reaction score
Reviving this thread because I experience exactly the same.
The phone should be compatible, it's a Pixel 6 Pro running Android 11.

Has anyone found a solution to that?

Edit: On my wifes Pixel 5a everything works as intended...

Icky

Reaction score
I believe it needs to have wifi and Bluetooth on in order to work

DrTron

Reaction score
I believe it needs to have wifi and Bluetooth on in order to work
That is correct, the bluetooth connection itself doesn't have the bandwidth to support Android Auto or Carplay. That's why the car in question needs to support the internal wifi network, which Uconnect5 does. It has nothing to do with the Wifi Hotspot, though, the phone doesn't have to be connected to that to make wireless Android Auto work. Both connections (BT and cable/wifi) are required, though, it won't work if one of them is disconnected.

I did find a solution of sorts, seems that the installation on my Pixel had some issues, so I cleared all of the Android Auto data and tried again. Now it works.

Users who are viewing this thread