Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wired Tow-Mode Camera ???

Reaction score
Hey, all... I have searched for and read through so many threads, my head is spinning. :oops: I'm getting a 22 Power Wagon and it has the "Wired Tow-Mode Camera" option. I do know that it involves a separate hookup on the bumper for a trailer camera. However, does this option actually include a camera? I'm assuming it does, by the name, but I honestly can't find a solid answer to this. I just want to know what to keep a lookout for when I go pick up the truck next week. Thanks!

jebruns

Reaction score
Yep, comes with a camera and 40' of wire. But don't go thinking it will work with a 40' trailer. I installed it in m 8.5x20 (before the Vee nose) trailer. Went up inside at the point of the Vee and ran it up the wall, then hid it behind the roof corner wire run covers to the back. Mounted it in the middle, above the doors. I maybe had 8'-10' extra. There may be extensions available.

Riddick

Reaction score
Yes, truck comes equipped with digital rear view mirror and a hook up on the bumper for the camera feed. You will receive a kit which includes , camera feed wire, mount to plug camera feed wire into when not in use,. camera/mount, all associated mounting hardware. Very easy to install, all plug and play.

fhgaylor

Reaction score
Anyone know is this can be bought through MOPAR and retro-fitted to a 2020 2500 Bighorn?

Reaction score
Hey, all... I have searched for and read through so many threads, my head is spinning. :oops: I'm getting a 22 Power Wagon and it has the "Wired Tow-Mode Camera" option. I do know that it involves a separate hookup on the bumper for a trailer camera. However, does this option actually include a camera? I'm assuming it does, by the name, but I honestly can't find a solid answer to this. I just want to know what to keep a lookout for when I go pick up the truck next week. Thanks!
Some do, some don’t. When I picked up my truck in February, I got the camera. 2 other people that I’ve sense met up with, did NOT get the cameras and the dealer just took 995 off the price. FCA may have get the supplier to catch up on inventory

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Some do, some don’t. When I picked up my truck in February, I got the camera. 2 other people that I’ve sense met up with, did NOT get the cameras and the dealer just took 995 off the price. FCA may have get the supplier to catch up on inventory

Heck of a deal for a $545 camera option.

jebruns

Reaction score
Anyone know is this can be bought through MOPAR and retro-fitted to a 2020 2500 Bighorn?
Probably, but it'd be expensive. You'd need to add the digital rear view mirror, wiring in the truck to the bumper, along with the plug in at the bumper. And then buy the wired camera. I know folks that have aftermarket systems, some even wireless. I think I'd go that route if I were you.

Users who are viewing this thread