Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wider rear tires

Torqued

Reaction score
Are there any thoughts on putting 35x12,50 on the front and 35x15.50 on the rear? Wider rear wheel too. Same model tires. It would make the truck look beefier from the rear without having clearance issues with the front. Hopefully I could find wider rear fender flares. I remember years ago a company making a fender flare that looks like a half-width dually fender.

CFE

Reaction score
Torqued - there's several threads about wider tires on OEM wheels, wider wheels/tires, etc...

ppine

Reaction score
In your effort to look hot rod cool, you will negatively impact your truck's traction on snow and mud. Don't spend money to make your truck perform worse.

Last edited:

ShowKiller1

Reaction score
I would imagine you would have to carry around 2 spares also, 1 of each size. My understanding is it's bad to run different size tires on the same axle. Something about one side wanting to spin faster to keep up with the other side and you end up burning the gears.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I would imagine you would have to carry around 2 spares also, 1 of each size. My understanding is it's bad to run different size tires on the same axle. Something about one side wanting to spin faster to keep up with the other side and you end up burning the gears.
I would be the same size tires on each axle…. Also the tire height is the same front and rear so just one spare the same as the front would be fine…

BikePilot

Reaction score
That would be a little like running super singles on a dually. I think it could be pretty cool. If you give it a shot he sure to post up!

Users who are viewing this thread