Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which Pedal Commander for 2019 6.7?

Ufoldfirst

Reaction score
The Pedal Commander website is unclear as to which model Pedal Commander works for the 2019 RAM 2500 6.7L Cummins.
What i've seen is the PC07-BT will work, but does not actually say it does. I'm confused, anybody have a quick answer for me before I call them?

Thanks in advance.

RonP

Reaction score
Definitely not the PC07. I ordered that and it was wrong. They use the PC31. Made my truck much more enjoyable to drive.

jpaeth

Reaction score
Do you guys have the HO cummins? My main gripe about the HO/Aisin is the HUGE delay in throttle response down low.

jared43758

Reaction score
Is the delay from stock. I hear people say they can’t tell the difference in transmissions. Does it just do nothing at first from a stop?

jpaeth

Reaction score
There's a big difference between the Aisin and the 68RFE. From what I understand, the HO/Aisin combo is tuned down through 1st and 2nd gear, presumably to protect tires and trans from the higher torque output numbers of the HO for longevity. It doesn't just sit still when you hit the pedal, but theres a noticeable delay in power delivery.
Edit- It's also gotten a lot better now that i have around 4k miles on the truck. It is a learning trans so it adjusts to your driving style. There's still a delay I can feel but its not nearl as pronounced as day one.

jared43758

Reaction score
Well that’s good. I heard you can notice a considerable power difference with the HO.

jpaeth

Reaction score
When the boost builds and it takes off... you feel it. When I am pulling my 10k lb toy hauler up the 7% grades around here it pulls at 55 mph at around 2100 RPM... for the small climbs it doesn't even downshift.. It is an absolutely amazing piece of engineering. But to be fair, I haven't towed with the standard output version.

jpaeth

Reaction score
I only notice the delay when I am not towing. When I'm towing, I am being especially slow and smooth from a start to keep stresses low as well as to not throw everything in my trailer around. It's when I'm unloaded and trying to pretend I'm not in an 8200lb monster that I notice it. Trying to zip into traffic is when I notice it the most.

flan

Reaction score
The SO 19’s rip right out of the hole

jared43758

Reaction score
Is the aisin learning to behave that way when pulling a trailer? Then noticeable when empty. Maybe different if never tow?

jpaeth

Reaction score
No, thats just the way they are programmed. It is the torque management detuning the engine from a stop to protect the longevity of the transmission. The 68RFE does it as well, just not to the extent the Aisin does. So maybe its changing how it drives by learning, or maybe I am just getting used to it now and learning how to drive the truck. Either way, it's an amazing truck with a monster of a power train. I wouldn't got with a 68RFE if i had to choose again.

jpaeth

Reaction score
You still would of picked the aisin?
Absolutely without a doubt. I didn't buy the truck so i could drag race it. I bought it to tow and be able to tow heavy without any concern. It's a more expensive option for sure, both up front and long term in maintenance. But they just don't break... And when I am towing my 10k lb trailer up a 7% grade and my trans temp is 2º higher than driving unloaded (167º) I know I am not going to hurt this thing.
And you also get the added benefit of getting the more powerful Cummins in front of it. I like being able to say I have 1,000 lb-ft of torque when I'm crackin' beers with my ford buddies :)

Reaction score
I'm confused about the Pedal Commander....Their site says 07, are they incorrect?

For those of you that have them, how do you like them?

RonP

Reaction score
I bought the 07 based off the info on their site and some others. It was definitely wrong. Not even close to the right plug for the pedal.

I sent back and got a 31 which fit perfect.

I like it. I can do all the pedal stuff on my Hellcat because I tune it with HP tuners. For the Ram, this was the easiest option to get some better pedal sensitivity.

The one thing it won't do is fix the lag the is caused by torque management that is discussed above. However, when the truck isn't pulling power, it wakes it up bigtime. I like touchy pedals. I run mine daily on sport mode.

thestuarts

Reaction score
It is the torque management detuning the engine from a stop to protect the longevity of the transmission.

From what I understand, the HO/Aisin combo is tuned down through 1st and 2nd gear,

The one thing it won't do is fix the lag the is caused by torque management that is discussed above.

Rod Romain, the chief engineer of RAM, said, "First gear has 100% of 1,000 foot pounds of torque."
Jim Morrison, VP of RAM, said, "We are not scrubbing any of the torque. It is available right off the get go."

Here is the video with the quotes:

Users who are viewing this thread