Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which Pedal Commander for 2019 6.7?

Burn'n Oil

It's a metaphor!
Reaction score

thestuarts

Reaction score
I think these fellas were trying to blow sunshine up prospective customer's posteriors. There's certainly a sh_t load of torque available in 1st and 2nd gear but it sure as heck ain't anywhere close to 1000 lb ft!

Maximum torque is available at 1,800 RPM, so 100% torque is available as soon as the engine reaches 1,800 RPM. The point is, the ECU is not limiting torque or detuning the engine in any way to be gentle on the transmission.

jpaeth

Reaction score
I've also seen a few videos where Mr. Truck and Rod Romain talk about how cool the TTPMS system is.... and hows that working out for all of us.

DieselDZ

Reaction score
I've almost been in about 4 accidents trying to merge, put foot to floor, wait for 2-3 seconds and then the power comes on. It's in all honesty dangerous, I'm not talking !@#@, This is my absolute favorite truck and I've owned all the brands and models of diesels and never experienced this with them. Sure they had some turbo lag, but this is something else. Crappy part is you know once tunes come out this HO will be an absolute beast and that lag will probably go away... along with your warranty :)

Oakley

Reaction score
Do you guys have the HO cummins? My main gripe about the HO/Aisin is the HUGE delay in throttle response down low.
I have the same issue. Will the pedal commander fix this?

jpaeth

Reaction score
I have the same issue. Will the pedal commander fix this?
I got the Banks pedal monster... it is advertised as a better alternative to the pedal commander. I can't say I am sold on it. Still a large dead pedal from a stop. When i really need to get going quick, I just power brake to build a little boost first. Other than that, I have pretty much gotten used to it at this point.

MotoFish

Reaction score
First off, I do not have a pedal commander or pedal monster yet. But I have done a bunch of research and ultimately have come to the conclusion I will purchase the Banks Pedal Monster once I have saved all my coin for the level lift and wheel combo I want, make all the changes at once. After saving and driving my last Ram for 18yrs, it was tough to cough up $90k for my current loaded ride (2021 3500).

Yes, it has lag, and yes my last Cummins was double chipped…etc, and all that and hauled butt. However, the lag is not dangerous to a point I will get in a wreck. If someone feels that way, change your driving habits, it is not a dangerous vehicle to drive. But yes, I want more response off the bottom of the pedal (from the line). This new truck is well worth this correctable issue. If you wanna blame someone, it’s not Ram. They have to pass emission standards. This is one way to do it. A lot of Newer off road motorcycles are the same way. There are electrical tricks and jetting to be done to fix them and make them RIP over stock trim.

I will not “chip” this new ride. It is perfect the way it is and QUIET. However, a Pedal Monster will be in my near future to correct/assist with the lag. It should be good enough.

Users who are viewing this thread