Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wheel offset help

KimWar1911

Reaction score
I have a 2018 3500 that is pretty much stock, other than 295/70r18 Cooper ST Maxx tires on the stock rims. I am looking to upgrade the stance a bit with aftermarket wheels but don’t want to get too wide or aggressive. If I am doing the math correctly if I go with a zero offset the wheels/tires will be about 1.5” wider than stock? Plus 18 would be narrower than that, and minus 12 would stick way out.

Does anyone else run that tire size with aftermarket wheels? If so can anyone help me with pics of your trucks? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
First you need to figure out what your stock rim width is along with the offset/back spacing.

Then look at those same specs on the new rim you want. That will tell you how much it will stick in or out or be the same. Some rims come in different widths/offsets/backspacing. Others are just a one size fits all approach.

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
I would highly suggest looking through the gallery at the customwheeloffset site (no affiliation, I jut appreciate the visibility it allows). Anything you see from 2014-2022 for a 2500 or 3500 will result in the same look on your truck and you can filter for tire sizes, wheel sizes, and much more.

But as to the specific questions about +18/0/-12, the answers highly depend on what width wheel you're looking at as those offsets would look and fit very differently for a 8" vs 9" vs 10" wide wheel.

KimWar1911

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for your responses guys, and to clarify the rims will be 9”. I have been on custom offsets site but didn’t look at the newer trucks as examples, only my vintage. That is great info and I will get on there more for examples. Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread