Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the difference?

Tccracer

Reaction score
OK. So what is the difference between the 850 and 1,000 lbs torque engines. I know the compression ratio is different but what else is different? TIA

archer75

Reaction score
There are youtube videos with the engineers following the unveiling. They go over it all in detail.
This video should help:

Last edited:

Tccracer

Reaction score
My question may have misunderstood. I am wondering what is the difference between the 2019 850lb ft torque engine and the 2019 1,000lb ft torque engine? I may have missed it in the video mentioned above.

Don-T

Reaction score
Here is a bit of information on the '19 6.7s. The HO gets less compression to compensate for more turbo boost as well as different software.

Revisions to the Cummins 6.7-liter inline-six turbo-diesel are significant. Ram claims the new engine is 60 pounds lighter than its predecessor. New pistons, said to be lighter and stronger, utilize low friction rings and ride on new forged connecting rods in a new block made from compacted graphite iron. The new cast-iron cylinder head is home to new rocker arms, exhaust valves, and springs. Compression ratio for the standard output is 19.0:1; the high-output version uses a lower 16.2:1 ratio to facilitate additional boost. Speaking of which, the improved variable-geometry turbo mounts to a new exhaust manifold and is capable of delivering up to 33.0 psi of boost; the intercooler has been enlarged to the point where Ram calls it the largest ever fitted to its diesel pickups. The redesigned fuel-delivery system features a new pump running at 29,000 psi. The standard-duty model is rated at 370 horsepower at 2800 rpm and 850 lb-ft at 1700 rpm; the high-output version clocks in at 400 horsepower and 1000 lb-ft at 1800 rpm.

Users who are viewing this thread