Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the best deal anyone has negotiated for the Sirius XM Guardian Convenience + Security package?

thestuarts

Reaction score
I really like being able to remotely start/stop and lock/unlock my truck, but my free 1-year subscription is about to expire, and Sirius XM wants to charge $249/year for that privilege. I only use the remote features about once per week, so that equates to $5 every time I use a remote feature. I don't think it's worth that. Also, this offer doesn't include the Sirius XM satellite radio feature; that's an additional $8.25/month.

Has anyone been able to negotiate a better deal with Sirius XM for the Guardian Convenience + Security package?

1591417137938.png

1591417186726.png

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I could be wrong but thought I had seen some posts about them reducing to as much as $75/year. Or was that just the XM subscription?

thestuarts

Reaction score
I could be wrong but thought I had seen some posts about them reducing to as much as $75/year. Or was that just the XM subscription?

Thanks for the tip. I just read the other thread (which I should have found before starting a new thread). It looks like the last reported price was $199 for Sirius XM Guardian, but I suspect that was the base price that does not include remote start/stop lock/unlock.

EDIT: It looks like $199 is price for the "SiriusXM Guardian Convenience" package which enables remote start/stop and lock/unlock. The "Security" package is an additional $49 which includes Stolen Vehicle Assistance and Theft Alarm Notification.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. I just read the other thread (which I should have found before starting a new thread). It looks like the last reported price was $199 for Sirius XM Guardian, but I suspect that was the base price that does not include remote start/stop lock/unlock.

EDIT: It looks like $199 is price for the "SiriusXM Guardian Convenience" package which enables remote start/stop and lock/unlock. The "Security" package is an additional $49 which includes Stolen Vehicle Assistance and Theft Alarm Notification.

My insurance carrier won't give me a discount for the security options (I was like WTF?) so there's no way I'd pay for it unless I could offset it with a discount.

Now, remote start from the phone I might pay $75/yr if it worked parked in the airport garage (it won't), I don't think I could stomach $200.

Warweasel

Reaction score
Mine is coming up for renewal (or so Ram thinks) as well. I could see a $50 one time fee, but talk about 1st world problems....do we really NEED to remote start from the phone? This goes along with the $150 to update the maps so that they'e only a few years out of date. I'm happy for Apple Carplay /Android Auto so that mapping business is behind me. I really wonder how many people renew the Guardian feature...

Reaction score
Need? Absolutely not. But my work garage is a 5 minute walk from my office, in a mid-west winter, that can be pretty brutal. Being able to get into a "warm" car straight away vs continuing to freeze for another 10 minutes is a pretty nice option. Thankfully (Maybe?) for me, my 2500 doesn't fit in said garage, so I can't use it anyways!!

BULLSANDBUCKSHUNTER

Reaction score
Need? Absolutely not. But my work garage is a 5 minute walk from my office, in a mid-west winter, that can be pretty brutal. Being able to get into a "warm" car straight away vs continuing to freeze for another 10 minutes is a pretty nice option. Thankfully (Maybe?) for me, my 2500 doesn't fit in said garage, so I can't use it anyways!!
What about a afterarket remote start? Not sure if its even a option on this truck but put one in wifes 4runner and she starts it in her work 10 minutes before she leaves, range on various models we looked at were amazing.

Warweasel

Reaction score
I lived in Kansas for 5 years and found that just the remote start worked great, and it had a really good range on it. Also, keeping the truck plugged in at night helped it warm up very quickly. Now that I live in Texas, that's not much of a problem!

-p-

Reaction score
Isn't this free for 3 years? It seems so on my 2020 - at least the Siruis Travel/Sports link stuff. Coming from a Ford I would have thought app based remote start would be included. I actually like the NAV (as you can use the whole 12" screen) vs Apple Maps, Google Maps, Waze through car play as it's more intuitive and has better options.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
This is what i got on my 20 model year, wich I think is pretty standard I Will not be renewing my subscription to guardian security. Also my insurance won't cut me a break to have it, wich is just stupid, so by by guardian. I love the 360 radio and traffic and travel. Don't ever use my fob or phone to start or lock unlock. I quite using send and go and just walk out to truck and type my future destination in to search bar and zip zap it's in there for wherever In a whole lot less time and definitly with less stress with it never connecting to send any actual route just a destination. . I don't know if we can negotiate with sirius xm , but I'll definitly try20200922_214843.png

Buppies

Reaction score
Ours will run out in 20 days not sure what we will do.

Riveyman

Reaction score
Dealer asked if I wanted them to activate it when I got the truck. "NOPE". I've been getting spammed with emails to activate this for the last 10 mths.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Mine is coming up on expiration Mar 10. I've been getting mail for Sirius radio for $5/month, no better than what it shows online, but nothing for Guardian and the site price hasn't changed.

I ONLY use the remote start/lock/unlock from my phone. If they would offer that for $5-10/month I'd bite, but no more. I recently tried to use SOS and there was NO ANSWER. No insurance discount. Screw that.

I don't listen to Sirius radio much at all so it's going to fall off soon too.

Also, that window sticker with AT&T 4G LTE is misleading. the trial is only good for 90 days.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Jesus I gotta do better. Mine just auto-renewed and it was over 200$ and I just have the radio shizz

Ouch. They're going to have a hard time billing me for a renewal I haven't signed up for. Even with creating the trial account, there's no billing info (CC) in there.

I guess if you have already renewed once before.

I try to put subscription stuff on my calendar, especially if it's something on annual prepay I want to cancel, and I still have stuff slip through the cracks and get dinged. Dammit.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Ouch. They're going to have a hard time billing me for a renewal I haven't signed up for. Even with creating the trial account, there's no billing info (CC) in there.

I guess if you have already renewed once before.

I try to put subscription stuff on my calendar, especially if it's something on annual prepay I want to cancel, and I still have stuff slip through the cracks and get dinged. Dammit.
I’ve had Sirius for years, I just change it over to the new vehicle when I get one. Totally slipped my mind to call them and get a better deal this time around.

This is just the normal radio sub.

5BC60F51-2727-4BD8-AB0B-7BF74A218697.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread