Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the best deal anyone has negotiated for the Sirius XM Guardian Convenience + Security package?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
That's the theory. I had a card get replaced due to fraud. New number, new acounts, etc. Then a charge went through using the old numbers. I had to ask my bank why a transaction was allowed and how did it occur. They refused to answer. So now they are merely a pass through financial institution. They have made zero money from me in 5 years. And it was Sirius renewal that hit the old card, and was 'transferred' to my new card.
Thats very odd im guessing you had the same thing i had where the teller was to lazy to cancel it after 6 months i got an outrageous credit card bill from old subscriptions that should have went with the card that was paid off when i went to cancel they were being shady about it so i told em the exact date and teller i delt with and showed the proof it was supposed to be canceled the bank paid off the card and fired the teller lol

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
If the number changes and they authorized an old number they can still charge the card. The authorization will carry over no matter how many times the number changes.

My 2019 Ford Platinum I traded for the 2021 Limited I own had unlimited free unlock and starts with their app and came with 70,000 points to pay for a few oil changes.

That's not been my experience and that Amex number has changed several times over the years. They got one of my Visa numbers a few years back too.

New number, new expiration. There is a short window where some recurring monthly payments will be approved, but they rejected my trash company last time when I forgot to update the auto pay. I had to do some arm twisting to get the late fees and resume service fees waived.

RV_Goose

Reaction score
Thats very odd im guessing you had the same thing i had where the teller was to lazy to cancel it after 6 months i got an outrageous credit card bill from old subscriptions that should have went with the card that was paid off when i went to cancel they were being shady about it so i told em the exact date and teller i delt with and showed the proof it was supposed to be canceled the bank paid off the card and fired the teller lol

Possibly. The bank never admitted fault. But did refund my funds afterI merely stated that I wondered what the federal regulators would say about this, and how many other situations like this would be uncovered during an investigation.

renagade69

Reaction score
That's not been my experience and that Amex number has changed several times over the years. They got one of my Visa numbers a few years back too.

New number, new expiration. There is a short window where some recurring monthly payments will be approved, but they rejected my trash company last time when I forgot to update the auto pay. I had to do some arm twisting to get the late fees and resume service fees waived.
I have had customers cancel their cards and change numbers to avoid getting charged on pre-authorized charges my company applied. They always go through. I never take Amex though. They may be different. They must be pre-authorized for the amount. If it's a new charge it will not go through once the card number changes.

I am interested in getting a deal on this. It would be nice if they would entertain a group buy.

Last edited:

Phil T

Reaction score
I doubt that you could find more than a handful of owners willing to do a group buy. I was offered half price for a year sign up and told them it was not worth it. I didn't use it when it was free. Why would I pay for it?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

RichM752

Reaction score
Lifetime Sirius subscription in my truck, no payment due. The Subaru and motorcycle I pay by check once a year. I simply tell them I dont have a credit card, you'll have to send me a bill in the mail and I send you a check.

Eatonpcat

Reaction score
Lifetime Sirius subscription in my truck, no payment due. The Subaru and motorcycle I pay by check once a year. I simply tell them I dont have a credit card, you'll have to send me a bill in the mail and I send you a check.

I remember that lifetime deal back in the beginning, You got a great deal!! I was one of the one the ones that said, this will nnever last, what idiot would pay for radio when you can get it free...Now I pay for it in 2 cares and consider myself one of those idiots!!

RV_Goose

Reaction score
I remember that lifetime deal back in the beginning, You got a great deal!! I was one of the one the ones that said, this will nnever last, what idiot would pay for radio when you can get it free...Now I pay for it in 2 cares and consider myself one of those idiots!!
We like the satelite radio in our vehicles. We frequently travel places and internet is not always available where we are. And it is nice to travel hundreds of miles and not have to hunt for radio stations every 50 miles. I renew all radios at once and only have to call and play their games once a year. Still a pain. But I usually have a headset on while doing something else. Last time I chatted witha nice lady for almost two hours. She has three daughters and none are hookers.

Last edited:

carlrx7

Reaction score
They got me for 149.99 + Tax for 12 month offer today. Gave them a virtual CC number to ease the cancellation process. Also came with a FREE Amazon Ecodot. My original service just expired last week.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
They got me for 149.99 + Tax for 12 month offer today. Gave them a virtual CC number to ease the cancellation process. Also came with a FREE Amazon Ecodot. My original service just expired last week.

How did you get that one?

I haven't called but the best offer I got via an email was $60 for 6 months, then $30/mo after that.

MBC

Reaction score
Use code Echodot and it’ll knock it down 50% for first year of renewal then regular price at second year renewal (unless cancelled) plus the Amazon echo dot (they send you a redemption code to use on Amazon); deal expires 5/31/2021

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Use code Echodot and it’ll knock it down 50% for first year of renewal then regular price at second year renewal (unless cancelled) plus the Amazon echo dot (they send you a redemption code to use on Amazon); deal expires 5/31/2021

Link?

Not seeing anywhere to put in any discount codes when forced through the Mopar account login.

I do have an older email for a $60/6 months "deal," then regular price which is still too much IMHO.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Anyone have it go longer than the subscription? Mine was supposed to expire last week its still working lol

MEGA HO

Reaction score
There are remote starters that work in a similar fashion (via cellular network), they're pricey though but will still be cheaper in a long run and you can move them from one vehicle to another.

MEGA-HO

Reaction score
Years ago we had the Sirius Xm guardian for 24 a year and then 20 bucks a month it’s about 24 bucks a month for me with the guardian. I also have unlimited Wi-Fi data from att for 20 bucks a month

AFF

Reaction score
I use my phone for Sirius on my wifes account. Why pay for 2 trucks? I had a chance to buy lifetime back in 09 on my Ram 1500 and said no way, looking back I wish I had bought it. Only problem is was have about 500kms with no service on the highway. My son bought a used 2011 Impala and Sirius worked for 2 years. Somehow they got his name and number and demanded a CC for 2 years of sub. He told them no and said he didn't know the Sirius was even working on the radio. They shut it down,lol.

Scooter29

Reaction score
I had guardian services in my 2020 1500 and it worked sometimes and was pretty crappy compared to my wife’s forester that was $75 for 3 years. Based on the performance and price I opted for the standard 8.4 in my 21 3500 I ordered. Miss a few features the back version had but happy with the choice.

AZTURBO93

Reaction score
Thank you all for posting information. I sent use the satellite radio at all, but my husband likes it when we travel with the toy hauler. I usually pay for a year at a time for $5/month. I only use the remote start and for $200 a year, I can start it myself with the key fob.

js4024

Reaction score
I really like being able to remotely start/stop and lock/unlock my truck, but my free 1-year subscription is about to expire, and Sirius XM wants to charge $249/year for that privilege. I only use the remote features about once per week, so that equates to $5 every time I use a remote feature. I don't think it's worth that. Also, this offer doesn't include the Sirius XM satellite radio feature; that's an additional $8.25/month.

Has anyone been able to negotiate a better deal with Sirius XM for the Guardian Convenience + Security package?

View attachment 5037

View attachment 5038
To be honest the reason why they put this on new vehicles is for people like you. I "like" Sirius radio, my wife had the convenience and security for the trial period. That ended a year ago. Was not really useful for COVID 2020..... When I said, we put 4,000 miles on the vehicle, and barely used anything, they offered me 50% off the convenience and security package. I think the price was like 155.00 a year. If you have younger drivers in the house or let others use your truck (business use) then maybe it would be worth it... But, I get that offer about every 3 months. I have yet to buy it. I asked how much for sirius radio in addition to that package and it was over 295.00 a YEAR... Honestly if you have remote start, its not really worth it. Besides it tracks your every move and if you know where your vehicle is... so do "they".... Just my humble opinion.

sstoner911

Reaction score
. Honestly if you have remote start, its not really worth it. Besides it tracks your every move and if you know where your vehicle is... so do "they".... Just my humble opinion.

Except when you are in a mall or somewhere you cant remote start from your FOB.

Users who are viewing this thread