Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the best deal anyone has negotiated for the Sirius XM Guardian Convenience + Security package?

thestuarts

Reaction score
I called Sirius and asked if they would offer a discount for just the Sirius XM Guardian Remote which enables me to remotely lock/unlock/start the truck. The rep put me on hold for a few minutes, then she said they approved it for $12.99 per month. Here is my receipt.

1613786400370.png

jdefoe0424

Reaction score
I had the guardian in my 1500 but didn't purchase it past the end of trial because it's so stupidly overpriced. I'm sure you can call and get it cheaper but in the end I didn't start the truck from far enough away for it to be worth it to me.

For the radio part, I've let my subscription lapse before and then you will get an email/mail for the all channel package for $60 for 6 months. Currently we run the cheapest package and my wife hasn't complained lol. Don't have sirius in my 2500 yet so only paying for one sub now.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I had the guardian in my 1500 but didn't purchase it past the end of trial because it's so stupidly overpriced. I'm sure you can call and get it cheaper but in the end I didn't start the truck from far enough away for it to be worth it to me.

For the radio part, I've let my subscription lapse before and then you will get an email/mail for the all channel package for $60 for 6 months. Currently we run the cheapest package and my wife hasn't complained lol. Don't have sirius in my 2500 yet so only paying for one sub now.

$5/mo right now. Maybe that was just a base package. Still not worth it since the truck is not a DD.

If it was $15/mo for Guardian+SiriusXM, Maybe.

$25/mo? No.

jdefoe0424

Reaction score
$5/mo right now. Maybe that was just a base package. Still not worth it since the truck is not a DD.

If it was $15/mo for Guardian+SiriusXM, Maybe.

$25/mo? No.
Yup. I liked having it because there's more music and not nearly as many commercials. Plus when we pull the trailer long distance you're not constantly searching for radio stations.

RichM752

Reaction score
I'm one of the fortunate who purchased the lifetime subscription about 15-16 yrs ago. It was $500, at the time they had an lilited time offer for $400.
I think its $35 to switch to new receiver when a new vehicle is purchased. I know nothing of this Guardian/Security package. I park the Ram in the barn with the key in the ignition for easy starting.

Mark Halwa

Reaction score
Back in 2006 I bought a new truck and Sirius offered a lifetime option for $500. It seemed crazy to spend $500 on a radio signal, but 14 years later I've switched that lifetime membership to three different vehicles (albeit at $75/switch) but I have no monthly fees.

BULLSANDBUCKSHUNTER

Reaction score
Back in 2006 I bought a new truck and Sirius offered a lifetime option for $500. It seemed crazy to spend $500 on a radio signal, but 14 years later I've switched that lifetime membership to three different vehicles (albeit at $75/switch) but I have no monthly fees.
Lifetime here also $250 2006? then $100 more when they merged2008? Been WELL worth it but supposedly there going to argue when this trial runs out and tell me its only for mobile devices...lawsuit pending, get mail on it occasionally. i dont have cell signal and little to no regular radio options majority of truck use. Guardian is usless either way cause of cell issue, but i never miss my buffalo bills games so need radio. I have listened to games in some of most remote places in lower 48 due to this.

RichM752

Reaction score
Lifetime here also $250 2006? then $100 more when they merged2008? Been WELL worth it but supposedly there going to argue when this trial runs out and tell me its only for mobile devices...lawsuit pending, get mail on it occasionally. i dont have cell signal and little to no regular radio options majority of truck use. Guardian is usless either way cause of cell issue, but i never miss my buffalo bills games so need radio. I have listened to games in some of most remote places in lower 48 due to this.
The lawsuit has been settled. Unlimited transfers with lifetime subscriptions.

BULLSANDBUCKSHUNTER

Reaction score
The lawsuit has been settled. Unlimited transfers with lifetime subscriptions.
Cool, last thing i read was: was for mobile units only for transfers limited to 3 or they would buy out contract at like$75 i think. I will have to read up on it. Thanks for heads up

RichM752

Reaction score
"Under the Settlement, Class Members with Lifetime Subscriptions that are active as of June 5, 2020 (“Active Lifetime Subscriptions”) will be able to transfer their Lifetime Subscriptions from one satellite radio to another radio capable of receiving Sirius XM’s satellite radio service (either pursuant to a paid or trial subscription to satellite radio and/or data services) for an unlimited number of times provided that they pay a transfer fee to Sirius XM of $35 for each transfer. The Settlement reduces the transfer fee from $75 to $35. If you hold an Active Lifetime Subscription you automatically qualify to receive the benefits provided by the Settlement assuming the Settlement is approved by the Court."

https://www.lifetimesiriusxmsettlement.com

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
The month after i got my truck they called me for a credit card for when my free year was up i told them to shove it i have a portable hd with tons on music and spotify

miles

Reaction score
I negotiated a Cumpustar T11 as part of the deal at the dealer when I bought my truck. They kept pushing the fact that I did not need it because the guardian lets you start from your phone. I asked them how the truck would start when I'm 200Kms north on the Alaska highway in camp without any cell phone signal, if and is the factory remote capable of long range and tells me the truck is running. I will go elsewhere to buy a truck if not included with the deal, they installed it.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
My yearly subscription fee was way too high. I had four Sirius subscriptions - my 2007 Ram, my wife's car, and a portable I moved between my Jeep and outdoor bar. I couldn't remember what the heck the 4th subscription was for. After getting the new truck I decided to just drop all previous Sirius subscriptions and just use Spotify. Spotify just sounds better. Of course, after I dropped Sirius my wife remembered we had given her mother a portable Sirius boom box that I was paying the subscription for. Oops. My Mother-in-law hasn't said anything yet and it has been several months now. I am not sure if I will renew Sirius on the new truck. I like the Guardian but not at the price they want.

jbncccb

Reaction score
Ouch. They're going to have a hard time billing me for a renewal I haven't signed up for. Even with creating the trial account, there's no billing info (CC) in there.

I guess if you have already renewed once before.

I try to put subscription stuff on my calendar, especially if it's something on annual prepay I want to cancel, and I still have stuff slip through the cracks and get dinged. Dammit.
Go buy a visa gift card for the maximum you want to spend, say $100. Use that for your subscription and when it tries to renew it can't because there won't be enough funds.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Go buy a visa gift card for the maximum you want to spend, say $100. Use that for your subscription and when it tries to renew it can't because there won't be enough funds.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I would just use my Amex that's now rarely used. It gets hacked once every 9 months so the number changes. :D

renagade69

Reaction score
I would just use my Amex that's now rarely used. It gets hacked once every 9 months so the number changes. :D
If the number changes and they authorized an old number they can still charge the card. The authorization will carry over no matter how many times the number changes.

My 2019 Ford Platinum I traded for the 2021 Limited I own had unlimited free unlock and starts with their app and came with 70,000 points to pay for a few oil changes.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
If the number changes and they authorized an old number they can still charge the card. The authorization will carry over no matter how many times the number changes.

My 2019 Ford Platinum I traded for the 2021 Limited I own had unlimited free unlock and starts with their app and came with 70,000 points to pay for a few oil changes.
No it does not carry over that would mean the other card is still active....

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score

Wrong. Card expires or is lost / replaced you have to update your payment method. Netflix, Amazon, Sirius, doesn’t matter. New number new exp date.

RV_Goose

Reaction score
Wrong. Card expires or is lost / replaced you have to update your payment method. Netflix, Amazon, Sirius, doesn’t matter. New number new exp date.
That's the theory. I had a card get replaced due to fraud. New number, new acounts, etc. Then a charge went through using the old numbers. I had to ask my bank why a transaction was allowed and how did it occur. They refused to answer. So now they are merely a pass through financial institution. They have made zero money from me in 5 years. And it was Sirius renewal that hit the old card, and was 'transferred' to my new card.

Users who are viewing this thread