Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's on your Aux Switches

Gswain

Reaction score
You have to wire the twin directly to the battery and use the trigger wire (purple?) to the aux switch of your choice.
Correct, I didn't want to do that, and with a 5 gallon air tank it works great.

MooneyFWD

Reaction score
Correct, I didn't want to do that, and with a 5 gallon air tank it works great.
I left AUX 6 open for possible horns... I put a 2.5 gallon tank in my setup also because it was relatively inexpensive and easy enough.

CanadianIronhead

Banned for flashing
Reaction score
Aux 1 - Baja Designs 20" onx6 light bar in grille
Aux 2 - Baja Designs s2 rear facing f&$% off lights
Aux 6 - Wilson cell booster

Jenky21*2500

Reaction score
Aux 1 - OEM fog lights;
Aux 2 - LED 7" lights;
Aux 3 -20" LED light bar (may replace that sometime:
Aux 4 - Empty;
Aux 5 - OEM bed lights;
Aux 6 - Rear 3" LED work lights and the reverse light from the tailgate brake light bar.

QuattroCS

Reaction score
Planned
Aux 1 - dash cam/radar
Aux 2 - air compressor
Aux 3 - transfer tank
Aux 4 - wigwam front and rear
Aux 5 - tbd
Aux 6 - tbd

Nd79

Reaction score
Aux 1 - "Work mode" activates back up alarm and extra flasher lights (on with strobes)
Aux 2 - "Pattern change" for strobe lights
Aux 3 - OEM led fog lights
Aux 4 - open for now
Aux 5 - Ignition on signal for dash cam
Aux 6 - Strobe light/extra flashers main power switch

The work mode switch when off allows my strobe lights to be changed to the solid beam pattern with the extra flashers off, and cuts out my back up alarm when I don't want to wake the neighbors.

QuattroCS

Reaction score
Aux 1 - "Work mode" activates back up alarm and extra flasher lights (on with strobes)
Aux 2 - "Pattern change" for strobe lights
Aux 3 - OEM led fog lights
Aux 4 - open for now
Aux 5 - Ignition on signal for dash cam
Aux 6 - Strobe light/extra flashers main power switch

The work mode switch when off allows my strobe lights to be changed to the solid beam pattern with the extra flashers off, and cuts out my back up alarm when I don't want to wake the neighbors.
I'm intrigued on what aux 1 and 2 look like functioning. interesting setup.

Nd79

Reaction score
I'm intrigued on what aux 1 and 2 look like functioning. interesting setup.
It's all just trickery with some simple relays.

Aux 2 sends power to the 86 pin and the 85 and 30 pin are grounded. The strobe lights have a wire that when grounded changes the flashing pattern, so that is hooked up to the 87 pin. When the momentary switch is pushed, it sends power to the relay and grounds out the pattern change wire on the strobes.

Aux 1 either sends power to, or cuts off power the same way using relays on two of my other circuits, the back up alarm and the extra flashers so I can run the normal strobes independent of those. This allows me to turn on all of my strobes/flashers with one push (aux 6) while also turning off the extra flashing lights (aux 1) when I want just the solid pattern on the main strobes. For example, my back up alarm + goes to relay pin 87, Aux 1 power goes to pin 30, reverse light signal from my trailer light harness goes to pin 86, and pin 85 is grounded. So the reverse lights always power on the relay, but the back up alarm is only powered when Aux 1 is on and the truck is in reverse. I have my extra flashers wired similarly to where they are only on when Aux 1 and Aux 6 are both on. This allows me to leave my "work mode" switch on all day (ignition powered) and control my lights with one switch and back up alarm with... Well the gear shifter and also have the option to turn "work mode" off when I'm backing into my driveway at night or using my strobe lights as spotter/ditch lights up in the mountains at night.

I hope I explained that well enough. Maybe I can draw up a simple wire diagram one day.

QuattroCS

Reaction score
It's all just trickery with some simple relays.

Aux 2 sends power to the 86 pin and the 85 and 30 pin are grounded. The strobe lights have a wire that when grounded changes the flashing pattern, so that is hooked up to the 87 pin. When the momentary switch is pushed, it sends power to the relay and grounds out the pattern change wire on the strobes.

Aux 1 either sends power to, or cuts off power the same way using relays on two of my other circuits, the back up alarm and the extra flashers so I can run the normal strobes independent of those. This allows me to turn on all of my strobes/flashers with one push (aux 6) while also turning off the extra flashing lights (aux 1) when I want just the solid pattern on the main strobes. For example, my back up alarm + goes to relay pin 87, Aux 1 power goes to pin 30, reverse light signal from my trailer light harness goes to pin 86, and pin 85 is grounded. So the reverse lights always power on the relay, but the back up alarm is only powered when Aux 1 is on and the truck is in reverse. I have my extra flashers wired similarly to where they are only on when Aux 1 and Aux 6 are both on. This allows me to leave my "work mode" switch on all day (ignition powered) and control my lights with one switch and back up alarm with... Well the gear shifter and also have the option to turn "work mode" off when I'm backing into my driveway at night or using my strobe lights as spotter/ditch lights up in the mountains at night.

I hope I explained that well enough. Maybe I can draw up a simple wire diagram one day.
yes, i think i got it. i was visualizing what it would look like all lit up.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's my insane wiring mockup I've actually yet to deploy because I had second thoughts about using cheap chicom single relays and want to get a nice fused box instead.

https://tinyurl.com/y5nrl5a3 (link updated I found a small error)

This is crazy overkill, but powerful if you want to do things like cascade relays, prevent power backfeed (diodes), etc.

Tinyurl link will take you to my circuit on falstad.com, the default sample is http://falstad.com/circuit/circuitjs.html

Last edited:

Nd79

Reaction score
Here's my insane wiring mockup I've actually yet to deploy because I had second thoughts about using cheap chicom single relays and want to get a nice fused box instead.

https://tinyurl.com/y5nrl5a3 (link updated I found a small error)

This is crazy overkill, but powerful if you want to do things like cascade relays, prevent power backfeed (diodes), etc.

Tinyurl link will take you to my circuit on falstad.com, the default sample is http://falstad.com/circuit/circuitjs.html
Nice, so you would have reverse flood lights on your truck and trailer, both selectable as on with reverse or on with an aux switch?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice, so you would have reverse flood lights on your truck and trailer, both selectable as on with reverse or on with an aux switch?

Yes. I also have a switch on the RV for the reverse/floods.

Unfortunately the way I'm doing it burns 4 AUX switches. Not an issue now as I only have 2 others in use. I can always add a Trigger remote AUX setup if needed.

Nd79

Reaction score
yes, i think i got it. i was visualizing what it would look like all lit up.
Just snapped a few pictures, not exactly dusk out yet though

Attachments

• PXL_20220512_013753843~2.jpg
    PXL_20220512_013753843~2.jpg
    655.2 KB · Views: 68
  • PXL_20220512_013803801.MP~2.jpg
    PXL_20220512_013803801.MP~2.jpg
    705.6 KB · Views: 66
  • PXL_20220512_013752324.MP_exported_1699~2.jpg
    PXL_20220512_013752324.MP_exported_1699~2.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 68
  • PXL_20220512_013734762~2.jpg
    PXL_20220512_013734762~2.jpg
    628.4 KB · Views: 72

Crashresq21

Reaction score
The Snow Chief was a package i had to have in my 3500 with the auxiliary switches.
Aux 1 is the red lights in a Strobes n More TruDual Flood/Warning bar in the bumper.
Aux 2 is the flood option on the TruDual.
Aux 3 is set as a momentary that changes the red flash pattern.
Aux 4 is the mid frame KC Hilites Cyclones times 2
Aux 5 is the rear frame KC Hilites Cyclones times two (see photo) run thru the rear factory wires blunt ends.
Aux 6 is the rear red warnings, simple TIR3 modules mounted inside the tailgate/body gap (I have the Ramboxes)

I thought about all reds on one Aux but i like option of rear/front.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1648992124110.jpg
    FB_IMG_1648992124110.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 20211216_194643.jpg
    20211216_194643.jpg
    376.3 KB · Views: 63

Sage6058

Reaction score
Aux 1 Baja Designs amber fog lights
Considering an air horn on one of the others!
72467d01dffe12250b9e7c65367610de.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread