Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What oil for 2020 cummins? - Merged oil threads

Combra6589

Reaction score
Trying to find what oil you guys use for your cummins. I use valvoline premium blue 10w30 but the price has not doubled since I ordered it in April. Also is there a fuel filter brand that mopar will cover if there is a warranty issue or should I just stick with mopar? Fuel filter went up freaking $30 too

Combra6589

Reaction score
Worse for coldweather better in the heat when not being worked hard. Severe duty or any cooler climates 5w40 synthetic is what you want. The only way i would run 10w30 was if it was a grocery getter in Florida
Great thank you. And those filters wouldn’t void warranty? I want to change fuel filters as well

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Great thank you. And those filters wouldn’t void warranty? I want to change fuel filters as well
No they meet OEM spec so you are good, the engine mounted filter i use the WIX but they dont have the rear filter so i run the mopar for that one

Combra6589

Reaction score
Seems like literally everyone is out of oil. Ridiculous. Now a gallon is over $30. Incredible. Thanks for the help

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
I had to go to 3 different auto stores to get 3 gallons of 10w30 synthetic. ridiculous 1st world problems.

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
What’s the oil of choice for the desert SW? 110° in the summer.

First diesel I’ve ever owned. Information overload.

Riddick

Reaction score
I will either be running Rotella T6 5w-40 or Hot Shots Fleet 5w-40 oil, with online discount codes they are close in price....... under 25 per gallon. Both of these are Group 3 oils and will easily last the OEM suggested change interval.

As for filters I will be sticking with OEM on both fuel and oil filters.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
What oil do they put in our 2022 trucks at factory?
5W40? 10W30?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Pretty certain it has to be 5w40.

They (line workers) aren't going to care/know where the truck is going so they aren't going to mix oils depending on locale.

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
I will either be running Rotella T6 5w-40 or Hot Shots Fleet 5w-40 oil, with online discount codes they are close in price....... under 25 per gallon. Both of these are Group 3 oils and will easily last the OEM suggested change interval.

As for filters I will be sticking with OEM on both fuel and oil filters.

Fuel and oil filters get changed at oil change correct?

AEV_CUMMINS

Reaction score
I am using Amsoil 5w40 ss w/Amsoil filter. Mopar or Fleetguard for fuel filters. I plan on trying Schaeffers oil and probably interchanging between Amsoil oil filters and Fleetguard.

SMK Shoe

Reaction score
T6 5w40 but it is getting hard to find. Seems like everyplace thinks heavy duty diesel oil has to be 15w40. Changing the oil every six or seven weeks along with fuel filters I have to be able to find and keep a large supply on hand.

moparfan06

Reaction score
T6 5w40 but it is getting hard to find. Seems like everyplace thinks heavy duty diesel oil has to be 15w40. Changing the oil every six or seven weeks along with fuel filters I have to be able to find and keep a large supply on hand.
If you are changing oil every six weeks, why not get it in 55 gallon drums?

Users who are viewing this thread