Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is this thing? P68415000AA - Tailgate connector cover

Speedy

Reaction score
My google skills has been unable to find the answer

This was located behind the rear seat of the truck in the sealed bag after picking it up from the dealer

Attachments

• 1AF2DB02-F345-4CA0-AB28-971E18250566.jpeg
    1AF2DB02-F345-4CA0-AB28-971E18250566.jpeg
    458 KB · Views: 48

bht222u

Reaction score
For when you remove tailgate. It covers the connections for camera and tailgate lock.

At least twice a month someone asks that question lol
I was about to ask i googled the P6841******* number was "Ram Truck " added to the end and this thread was one of the results. Lol!!!!

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
This was in my truck when I picked it up Sunday.

Does anyone know what it is?

EDIT-Sorry, guess this was a common question. Didn't know what to search for. Got it. Admins feel free to delete thread.

IMG_2312.jpeg

Last edited:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
This was in my truck when I picked it up Sunday.

Does anyone know what it is?

EDIT-Sorry, guess this was a common question. Didn't know what to search for. Got it. Admins feel free to delete thread.

Anyone that asks gets the honor of having their post moved to the existing sticky.

;-)

Jeff1759

Reaction score
My 2021 3500 did not have one in the truck. Thanks to the forum, I went back to dealer to collect.

sstoner911

Reaction score
I blame sales people...they don't make like they use to

Dartsport

Reaction score
Mine was included in the truck. I called and asked the salesman, He had no idea what it was...

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
It must be that tine again. We just had the question asked on 5thGENRAM and I seen it 4 times on Facebook.

It is ebb and flow.

Before I made the sticky at 5th Gen. It was getting asked weekly...sometimes with 3 new threads in WHAT'S NEW.

Then I made the sticky...with one of the part numbers searchable...it is different for 1500 and HD. And it went down to monthly. Started combining the threads and it has been awhile.

Good times

TinGoatTravelers

Reaction score
I had no idea what this bag was. I tried to check the QRC but it didn’t register. I searched one part number and got a lot of results for a Jeep tailpipe, then searched a second number and it led to this thread. Now that I know what it is, I won’t ask the question of the month, but I’m glad this forum exists!

Dodgeman

Reaction score
Good thing I did a little searching! I was about to become the "Doofus of the month" by posting a picture and asking - What's this thing?

Dodgeman

Reaction score
By the way, regarding the loose items, from reading this forum I learned about "missing" things in a new truck order. After the dealer salesman printed out the order sheet, I hand wrote "including 4 TPMS sensors" and "including 4 cameras and wiring harness" on the order sheet for the Trailer TPMS option and Trailer Surround view option, respectively. I had to show them the evidence from the owner's manual and FCA documents that these items were "included" with the purchased options. I also told them that if they were missing, I would be looking to the dealer to provide them at no extra cost. The dealer wasn't happy about my handwritten additions and they had a private discussion. I had a great salesman and I think he went to bat for me. They agreed. Everything was in the truck when it arrived. Thanks to the forum members for educating me on this.

44Dan44

Reaction score
This thread reads very comically after all the random posts have been combined into one thread and you read it from start to finish. Makes me think of Laurel and Hardy-Who's on First :) Or this...

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
This thread reads very comically after all the random posts have been combined into one thread and you read it from start to finish. Makes me think of Laurel and Hardy-Who's on First :) Or this...

Because without supermod/admin settings, the forum software puts all the moved posts into a merged chrono order...

Users who are viewing this thread