Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is this stuff in my new power wagon

ottoa2000

Reaction score
Got my new power wagon today. These bags were in the storage bins under the back seats. Anyone know what this stuff is ?

Zrojas

Reaction score
It looks like the harnesses for your upfitter module. I attached a PDF with information about it.

Attachments

• Ram_Heavy Duty Truck All_VSIM_2019+ (1).pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 49

ottoa2000

Reaction score
Thank you so much. Isn't this something the dealer probably should have installed ? Also found this.

JustinHEMI

Reaction score
Interesting that PDF says

" The VSIM cannot be added to the vehicle after assembly"

Zrojas

Reaction score
The dealer would not install those harnesses. You would use them to integrate other aftermarket accessories to your truck if it requires one of the available inputs or outputs from the VSIM.

Your second package is for when you remove your tailgate. You can disconnect the harness for the camera/locks and then plug that in to protect the plug and wires on the truck side of the harness.

@JustinHEMI I don't see any way of adding the VSIM/Upfitters module after the fact. It is too integrated with the vehicle computers.

Jj517

Reaction score
How do u like ur truck I'm trading in my 1500 limited for a power wagon

ottoa2000

Reaction score
How do u like ur truck I'm trading in my 1500 limited for a power wagon
I like it a lot. I came from a 2018 Rubicon. Driving jeeps my whole life I decided I wanted a little more comfort. I'll admit the size of this thing was daunting at first. I've rented several larger SUVs like the Tahoe and excursion xl, but the 2500 just felt so much larger. After a few weeks though I am parking and driving just fine. I thought I wouldn't be satisfied with the moon roof as opposed to the panoramic roof of the 1500 but I find my self closing the screen often to avoid the Texas sun. It's a comfortable ride, I have yet to take it off road. The only weird thing I noticed, I was driving down the highway. Was able to get to 97mph but no matter what I did the truck would not go faster. Not that I need to go faster but once the truck hit 97 the rpms wouldn't go past 2500. Even trying to build up speed downhill on the interstate the truck maintained 97. I've only driven a 1500 once, I don't think I'm missing anything with the power wagon.

Avid6eek

Reaction score
Congrats on your new Power Wagon. I'm waiting on mine to be delivered!

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
Here is a brief on the VSIM module... works really well if you want to use the AUX switches for accessories, lights, after market air pump...etc.

Good to know so I can add my Train Horn and compressor and LED lighting when it comes in.

MrMopar

Reaction score
Good to know so I can add my Train Horn and compressor and LED lighting when it comes in.
I didn't need it for my Train Horn and Onboard Air...js

Attachments

• IMG_1782.jpg
    IMG_1782.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 20190816_180127.jpg
    20190816_180127.jpg
    752.4 KB · Views: 48

Marshfly

Reaction score
Here is a brief on the VSIM module... works really well if you want to use the AUX switches for accessories, lights, after market air pump...etc.

The VSIM and Upfitter switches are different things. That video is about the Upfitter Switches. The VSIM is to integrate aftermarket things into the factory computer for specific things to happen when you want them to. It's more for commercial uses.

https://www.ramtrucks.com/BodyBuild...jGgHzAHGUTU0WB3rWuqSY7YmQ2vEhuBWBPIixg9Ou1UI

Users who are viewing this thread