Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What happened to Rich?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I was looking for brutal, while we were coming through Colorado today. All i saw was snow coveted mountains and wind turbines u till we went through Denver, and then i had to pay attention so i didn't get oon the toll rds, you aint getting my money brutal. I know ill get some grief about thisbut i don't( G.A.S). So i made a fuel run and ended up putting 49 gallons in it, yea yea i know. The concerning part was the low fuel light illuminated on the dash when there was the 3.2 gal left and only stayed on for a few seconds and went out and I never saw it again. I honestly didn't think I wad that low because the light came on up a step grade then went out, do I wad waiting for the light to come back on again, nope, unless I don't know we're to look.
I eeould like to comment though m this is kind of what I was talking about the other day when we were discussing the big 3 up and down the gauntlet in a comparison and I commented on , but we will never know all underlying conditions and drive styles. Yesterday I drove 75-80 mph pulling 13k into a strong head wind and only got 7.5 mpg. Today i drove 70-80 mph with no wind, 13k and got 11 mpg. Huge difference. Weather and 5mph made 3.5 miles per gal difference and I want babying it.

If you came across I-70 I'm 20 miles south of the I-70 e-470 interchange. If you came up I-25 from south of Denver then you passed within about 10 miles of me to the west at the c-470/e-470 interchange (west is Lexus lane toll, east is all toll). I'm about 12 miles east of the Cabela's if you saw that exit.

If you saw wind turbines, that had to be on I-70.

1590632506502.png

I hope you waved as you rolled through.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I waived at yah all right. We came 70 to 270 to 25. So I guess you were s of us. 80 degrees out and the mountains were covered with snow. Last year i did the whole pikes peak thing when we stayed at the garden of the gods. When I was going through Denver and I was making ln changes and thankfully I had my furrion up on the dash plugged in the little ram cubby, because there's no way I could of started hitting back up camera then either side camera or aux camera, i would of wrecked for sure. Shame on ram for putting us in that situation were we can't see behind us with out doing a series of button pushes with our eyes off the rd. I wonder if the tank is 50 and the neck is more or the tank and neck are 50 together, either way, to close for me. I don't understand why the light didn't stay on. Fyi the needle was perfectly level with e line, not below.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I waived at yah all right. We came 70 to 270 to 25. So I guess you were s of us. 80 degrees out and the mountains were covered with snow. Last year i did the whole pikes peak thing when we stayed at the garden of the gods. When I was going through Denver and I was making ln changes and thankfully I had my furrion up on the dash plugged in the little ram cubby, because there's no way I could of started hitting back up camera then either side camera or aux camera, i would of wrecked for sure. Shame on ram for putting us in that situation were we can't see behind us with out doing a series of button pushes with our eyes off the rd. I wonder if the tank is 50 and the neck is more or the tank and neck are 50 together, either way, to close for me. I don't understand why the light didn't stay on. Fyi the needle was perfectly level with e line, not below.

My wife runs back and forth to work on E for a week.

I shame her for it always but her 2008 Suby just keeps going.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
My wife runs back and forth to work on E for a week.

I shame her for it always but her 2008 Suby just keeps going.
My subi was the same way, i loved that thing. I was just trying to get to Limon were there wad more than 1 station to choose from, and by my calculations I should of had the 3 gallons left when I filled up there. Thats why i wonder if the tank is 50 and there's between 1-2 gallons in the full tube. All i know is the dam light came on and went off a few seconds later and never came back on and the needle was dead nuts on e line and put in 49. I wasnt happy about that.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Had anyone else had any issues with there u connect send and go with directions on android devices. It was working great, loved it, but it hasn't worked for the last 3 days and I'm just wondering. It also might be because I'm out west and I know service is not as strong

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
So thought I'd put some #s out there on my 1700 Mile journey from AR - UT. We had huge head winds at times, some no wind. We had some single ln 55 mph construction and allot of 80 mph speed zones. I'd say I averaged around 70-75 while on e- way while not in construction. Went across 70 through the mountains of Denver and across 80 through the mountains to Utah. At times there were some very steep grades up and down of wich some were highly speed restricted due to downhill curves. I would say that I am not buy any means a conservative driver and spend more time in the hammer ln than the Grampy ln. All these numbers are based on the whole 1700 mile trip. We averaged in total, 9.9 mpg, ( wich the way I drive and hauling 13k on my back, I'm ecstatic about). My coolant went from 190s to 219 at the steepest grade. The tranny temp didn't budge off of 165 ( wich I thought was crazy with the grades I was climbing at the tq load to stay up to speed). Maximum Jake brake hp reached at steepest down grade was 204 and the most hp reached at body psi climbing at speed was 27. Over all, she handled and operated like a dream machine, air ride definitely makes a difference and that's coming from somebody with 3 ruptured back discs and severe nerve inpingment. Still trying to figure out the best way to uncouple with air ride and probably the worst feature was trying to navigate traffic with a camera that won't stay on. Every time I had to take my eyes off of rd to do button pushes was beyond stressful because i would drift while beside another vehicle while setting up the camera for when I cleared that vehicle . Imop, this is a serious risk and at some point someone will have an accident because they can't make a maneuver without a series of button pushes while not focused on the rd ahead, very bad design. I'm now at 2350 miles on new rig and have some tech design complaints but over all very satisfied with my purchase.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
So thought I'd put some #s out there on my 1700 Mile journey from AR - UT. We had huge head winds at times, some no wind. We had some single ln 55 mph construction and allot of 80 mph speed zones. I'd say I averaged around 70-75 while on e- way while not in construction. Went across 70 through the mountains of Denver and across 80 through the mountains to Utah. At times there were some very steep grades up and down of wich some were highly speed restricted due to downhill curves. I would say that I am not buy any means a conservative driver and spend more time in the hammer ln than the Grampy ln. All these numbers are based on the whole 1700 mile trip. We averaged in total, 9.9 mpg, ( wich the way I drive and hauling 13k on my back, I'm ecstatic about). My coolant went from 190s to 219 at the steepest grade. The tranny temp didn't budge off of 165 ( wich I thought was crazy with the grades I was climbing at the tq load to stay up to speed). Maximum Jake brake hp reached at steepest down grade was 204 and the most hp reached at body psi climbing at speed was 27. Over all, she handled and operated like a dream machine, air ride definitely makes a difference and that's coming from somebody with 3 ruptured back discs and severe nerve inpingment. Still trying to figure out the best way to uncouple with air ride and probably the worst feature was trying to navigate traffic with a camera that won't stay on. Every time I had to take my eyes off of rd to do button pushes was beyond stressful because i would drift while beside another vehicle while setting up the camera for when I cleared that vehicle . Imop, this is a serious risk and at some point someone will have an accident because they can't make a maneuver without a series of button pushes while not focused on the rd ahead, very bad design. I'm now at 2350 miles on new rig and have some tech design complaints but over all very satisfied with my purchase.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Just to clarify.

If you went I-70 West to 270 to I-25 around the NE side of Denver metro, you didn't go through any Colorado Rockies or "Denver Mountains." ;)

You did pull a very long, very slow very slight incline from the east to around 5280 feet.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Just to clarify.

If you went I-70 West to 270 to I-25 around the NE side of Denver metro, you didn't go through any Colorado Rockies or "Denver Mountains." ;)

You did pull a very long, very slow very slight incline from the east to around 5280 feet.
Yup that's correct, the steep grade was today, from west Wyoming through salt lake Utah. Just saw on the news, there rioting in Denver and salt lake city, glad I made it through that mess, now I'm gonna hunker down in my off grid apocalypse luxury wagon

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Hahaha, omg, Im such an idiot. On our 1700 mile trip we kept looking for the CD player and couldn't find the dam thing and I really didn't have time to research it. So I just spent 2 hrs reading my Manuel, couldn't find it. So I did the ram build and price. An hour later, i found it, ON THE 19, not the 20, wtf, they rooked us fellas, well at least me anyway. What am i supposed to do with 73 hank jr cds now. Ohhhhh I'm such a dumb jazz, but really ram, that big old area were the plug ins are and you cut corners but upped your msrp prices. I did read somewhere that one of the things that's going to date an automobile in this decade is a CD player, maybe that's why the did away with it on the 20s. Ok you can laugh at me know, unless you did it to, than welcome to the club
Screenshot_20200531-162151.pngScreenshot_20200531-161511.png

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Had anybody done any buisness with Bam wholesale parts? Found the best deal on the trailer camera system and I'm thinking about dropping the hammer

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I ripped all my CD's to FLAC and put them on my phone.

Duh.

FYI, The Longhorn and Limited consoles have a nice little cubby there were the CD used to be. My Lippert Ground Control remote control, and key fob if it isn't in my pocket, fit nicely in there.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I ripped all my CD's to FLAC and put them on my phone.

Duh.

FYI, The Longhorn and Limited consoles have a nice little cubby there were the CD used to be. My Lippert Ground Control remote control, and key fob if it isn't in my pocket, fit nicely in there.
Bam has the best price and shipping on that aux camera, will probably place my order in the next day or two. I wonder if i can find last year's part number with cd player and usb ports . Wouldnt think it woulkd be to hard to pop out/ in that little panel below aux buttons and above phone charger. It's so funny, that one snuck by me. When i started my build in 19, it was in the L1 pkg. Then as we know they did not update the ram build page until late and i never noticed the damn thing wasnt there. Not like I'd pop in a disk anyway, when all you need is a cord or to turn on the blue tooth. Could honestly care less about it, just thought it was funny that we spent all that time looking for it and I didn't notice it wasn't there at first.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
well I pulled the trigger on my aux trailer cam and got it ordered. I ended up just going With dealer. They gave me 15% off wich was only 20 more than bam. I called my mopar cc I just got and they said to get the $100 off of a purchase over $499.99, that it had to be at an authorized fca parts distributor and that they had to bill it properly. So i tried calling bam for 2hrs and nobody answered. Im sure there probably an authorized distributor but I'm not taking no chances with $100 discount on my cc. So 15% off from dealer and 100 off from cc co. Im happy with that. Something to be said for peace of mind. So for a $595 part + tax, i paid $420 out the gate.
Dealer gave me a recommendation of a body shop they use. I told him i wanted my tow hooks to be painted billet silver to match my truck.. So I went an checked them out. Fair place I feel like. If they take em off and reinstall em they'll charge $260, if i take em off and reinstall it will be $170. Sounds like a plan. He said with them being rough they have to sand them down before they even paint and buff so they will match properly. How hard could 4 bolts be to remove :p :p:p

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Just called Sam's club about installing my 4 wheel sensors for fiver. There still not back to work yet. I asked him if that was just a Wal-Mart and sams thing and he said yup because we've bein deemed essential buisness but they won't let us work in the garage just out pushing carts, that's stupid and a shame. Every other auto shop is open in town. Its more dangerous for them to be touching every ones carts than working on a oil change or changing tires. Anyway, I hope he's right, he said it would only be $5 a tire for sensor instal. That's a crazy good deal and ill definitely just wait until they let them work again. I just hope he's right on that price.
So how would you all go about removing tires, in an rv that you live in , at AN RV resort. Two axles , so I'm thinking about doing across 1 axle at a time ( as opposed too both wheels on one side) because if I did both on 1 side and if something unfortunate happened with the bottle jacks while I was gone that would be very bad for me, my rv, and my neighbor. So i normally like to jack up directly under the main frame beam and not the axle. Im just always worried about busting a spring. So i don't see any other option to lift an individual axle at a time. Any suggestions or ideas on best technique.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Everybody been pretty quite out there lately, did yall finally ban together and block me. When i went to the dealership today to order my trailer camera. Three had a limited 2500 on the show room floor so i thought I'd take a look to see if there's any thing new on the interior. Low and behold guess what i saw. The dam cd player. So it went on the 19 Laramie with L1 pkg to no cd in the 20 Laramie with L1 or L2 but lets put it into the limited. I guess to many people are doing like i did and ordering a fully loaded Laramie and saving 6000 over a limited. Honestly I'm just disappointed that they didn't update there website early in the 20 year to show your not getting the same thing they advertised on the website Which was obviously the 19 model. If they would of just told me it wasnt included in L1 anymore I would of actually paid a bit extra for the feature. I just wish i had known. I can't stand that big open space with just the small plug ins in the center, such a waste of room. Did everybody else who ordered a 20 Laramie with L1 pkg not get the advertised cd player, or am I the lone wolf. Actually hope you all did get it. It will make it much easier to get mine if they screwed up. Mark from ram care if your out there, maybe you can help us out with this question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread