Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What fits....and what doesn't.

hutchman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have some info on what fits and what doesn't from a 2018 to 2019.

I installed a tonneau cover from a 2018 and it fits perfectly.

I installed a bed and tailgate map from a 2018 and they fit prfectly.

Today I was supposed to get my Amp power running boards installed. They do not fit if you have a gasser. Amp says they will, and they might on a diesel, but on a gasser, there are some NVH dampers/absorbers. They cause interference and will not allow the Amp Steps to be installed. Amp is aware of the issue now and will make changes.

I'm certain there will be more issues.

hutchman

Staff member
Reaction score
In addition, I decided to have them install a set of fixed running boards as my wife really needs something to help her get up into the truck. Couple that with the fact that we are leaving on a 7000 mile trip day after tomorrow and we needed something that worked today.

The fixed running boards worked, so I think I'll keep them and have the dealership cut me a check for the difference. I'll use that money to help pay for tires.

These are factory, fixed running b boards for an '18 2500. They fit perfectly. The reason the Amp steps don't work is that the motor for the Amp Steps mounts right where the NVH dampers are mounted on the 2019 gasser frame. Apparently, the diesel does not have these wnd the Amp Steps ttit the diesel equipped trucks.

smh310

Reaction score
Has anyone ordered the new flat Ram step bars that are available in black or have any good pictures on their truck? The ones that you can click in the build and price.

hutchman

Staff member
Reaction score
These are the running boards they installed:

20190329_172819-X2.jpg

20190329_172827-X2.jpg

I do not like the looks of these, but they are functional for my wife. I'm not likely to drag one on the rocks either.....I have my Jeep for that.

Theses are new Mopar Parts. They have Ram embossed on the end, but I cannot find them online. They are different than the running boards on the 2019 HD buils site. I was told these were not specifically for a 2019, but obviously, they fit as designed.

Heading out early in the AM and heading south. Going to Flagstaff and the Grand Canyon first. From there, we plan to loosely follow Rt 66 back to IL.

Users who are viewing this thread