Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

DownShiftz

Reaction score
Would like to see a pic of those and install info
I purchased these from Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Puddle-Lights-Driver-Passenger-2010-2019/dp/B07ZLZSG4Y but there are many types/styles available from other vendors such as Recon.
Fit is perfect and plastic is the same color and texture of OE. The originals pop out by getting a very thin flat head under the lip and pry. It’s near impossible to not put a small dent into the plastics but no worries you’re throwing those out anyway. The replacements came with male spade connectors on each wire. The originals on my truck are attached with a 2 pin connector. I cut the male connector off the OE’s and then soldered/heat-shrink them onto the new ones. Plug the new ones in and they snap in with 3 retention tabs. Easy and cheap.

Attachments

• 428A44D7-B950-41A0-9B2B-116A51577958.jpeg
    428A44D7-B950-41A0-9B2B-116A51577958.jpeg
    199.5 KB · Views: 150
  • E6D12A88-CD3B-426C-B041-BD17E892CF91.jpeg
    E6D12A88-CD3B-426C-B041-BD17E892CF91.jpeg
    464.7 KB · Views: 149

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I purchased these from Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Puddle-Lights-Driver-Passenger-2010-2019/dp/B07ZLZSG4Y but there are many types/styles available from other vendors such as Recon.
Fit is perfect and plastic is the same color and texture of OE. The originals pop out by getting a very thin flat head under the lip and pry. It’s near impossible to not put a small dent into the plastics but no worries you’re throwing those out anyway. The replacements came with male spade connectors on each wire. The originals on my truck are attached with a 2 pin connector. I cut the male connector off the OE’s and then soldered/heat-shrink them onto the new ones. Plug the new ones in and they snap in with 3 retention tabs. Easy and cheap.
Sweet, you got me thinking i might order a pair. All the reviews said it was just plug and play with oem wiring, but you said you had to do a mod?

DownShiftz

Reaction score
Sweet, you got me thinking i might order a pair. All the reviews said it was just plug and play with oem wiring, but you said you had to do a mod?
Yes, what I received came with spade terminals on the ends. I think that was the standard plug-in for the ‘13-‘18 Rams. This won’t work on the ‘19-20’s, we have a new connector.
Just take the connector off the old and terminate it on the new replacements however you see fit. I used solder and heat shrink and there is plenty of room in the mirror housing to tuck up a few inches of small gauge wire and insulation.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

Nice. Personally, I'd avoid anything Recon like COVID-19. Had a set of Recon cab lights that didn't make it a year.

UglyViking

Reaction score
Nice. Personally, I'd avoid anything Recon like COVID-19. Had a set of Recon cab lights that didn't make it a year.
Thats surprising. I hear nothing but good things about Recon. I personally don't know that I would ever have the balls to drill cab lights, too scared about leaks.

Squatch

Reaction score
Had PPF installed from bottom of rockers all the way up to that accent line on the door so you can’t see the top edge. It covers the whole length of the truck. I went back and forth about mud flaps, or fender flares. I just notice that not matter what people put on there, you still see the mud streak going up the paint, so I figured covering the paint itself would be best. Cost $500 out the door, we’ll see how it holds up.

1FastHemi

Reaction score

Rich,
I was looking at the pictures above and mine look totally different than the pictured and on the link mentioned. Just make sure you are getting the correct one before you order. Here are a couple of pictures of mine. You can see the difference.

Attachments

• 20200806_120246.jpg
    20200806_120246.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 137
  • 20200806_120257.jpg
    20200806_120257.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 134
  • 20200806_120313.jpg
    20200806_120313.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 129
  • 20200806_120324.jpg
    20200806_120324.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 131
  • 20200806_120327.jpg
    20200806_120327.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 134

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Thats surprising. I hear nothing but good things about Recon. I personally don't know that I would ever have the balls to drill cab lights, too scared about leaks.

Truck already had cab lights, I just pulled the amber lights and put on Recon smoke lens LED lights.

Are you sure you're not thinking of Rigid? They are top shelf, Recon is cheap chicom crap.

UglyViking

Reaction score
Truck already had cab lights, I just pulled the amber lights and put on Recon smoke lens LED lights.

Are you sure you're not thinking of Rigid? They are top shelf, Recon is cheap chicom crap.
Yeah I'm familiar with both brands. I mostly hear about Recon from the brodozer crowd so there could be that. Same guys willing to break open their headlights and tails and have some 16 year old custom paint and seal the unit so there is that.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Rich,
I was looking at the pictures above and mine look totally different than the pictured and on the link mentioned. Just make sure you are getting the correct one before you order. Here are a couple of pictures of mine. You can see the difference.
thanks brother hemi, I'm always triple Checking before ordering. All though allot of manufacturers havent updated there product line to include the 20 model year. I always email them before ordering and get confirmation and verify they will except return if it's not a perfect plug and play, cuz this homie ain't cutting and splicing nothing and plugging it in.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
so what did I do to my truck today. I made her drive past Laguna seca, and she was pulling hard to take a couple hot laps to see how some big girl hips can handle. Then she went past pebble beach, she just kept hauling my clubs around as she knows I'm to busted up to swing, but she hauls them around for me anyway because it makes me feel young again. She's a good ole girl. Then on the way back she pulled me off good old Hwy 1 to pull into Costco for the elusive search. She has searched Costco across the country side for Kirkland strawberry marg@%/+@ mix and low and behold they had a case of strawberry and some apple crown. I made her work for my pleasure today

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Thank you for your order from Thuren Fabrication Inc. Once your package ships we will send you a tracking number.

Your Order #xxxxxxx
Placed on Aug 6, 2020, 4:02:04 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
so what did I do to my truck today. I made her drive past Laguna seca, and she was pulling hard to take a couple hot laps to see how some big girl hips can handle. Then she went past pebble beach, she just kept hauling my clubs around as she knows I'm to busted up to swing, but she hauls them around for me anyway because it makes me feel young again. She's a good ole girl. Then on the way back she pulled me off good old Hwy 1 to pull into Costco for the elusive search. She has searched Costco across the country side for Kirkland strawberry marg@%/+@ mix and low and behold they had a case of strawberry and some apple crown. I made her work for my pleasure today

Seriously? This mocking attitude again?

You have your own thread to crap in.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Seriously? This mocking attitude again?

You have your own thread to crap in.
What am I mocking sir. The thread is what did you do to your ram today. I simply listed what i did to my ram today. It may be different than what some others have done to there ram but still none the less, this is what i did to my ram, today. No thread crapping here. Might be sad, but thats what I did to my ram today.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
@Admin could we sticky this thread? Just a thought as it tends to be on most other forums as well.

OA

Done.

Please keep the posts and relevant replies in the spirit of the thread and not post about grocery getting stories or filling your tanks. If anyone feels the need, go start a blog.

UglyViking

Reaction score
8 weeks is what I’m hearing now. What did you end up with?

8 weeks? Damn. Initially I thought it was gonna be 2 from chatting with Chris, King build is 9-10 for me.

I got 2.75" front, 1" soft ride rear with King 3.0 front and 2.5 rear. It's overkill for what I need for sure. I'm sure I could have gone king/fox 2.0 and saved myself some cash and been fine but I hear nothing but good things about the King custom builds and the 2.5 and up so I spent the money. I had Fox rears on my previous truck, a GM 1500, and I wasn't impressed at all. I'm hoping to take it on some local trails here soon and I'll be out beating on it during hunting season so I'm excited to see how the ride difference is. Also interested to see how soft the rears are. My biggest concern is loosing too much payload so we will see how it goes.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I really apologize for high jacking this thread. I guess I just don't understand. I believe my post was relevant and in spirit of the thread " what did you do to your ram today". All of us have different experiences in life and honestly going to Costco and the beach is what I did to my truck today. Since i obviously don't get it after being in buisness for decades , if @Admin has a problem with my posts as compared to others please feel free to contact me at anytime and try to get through my thick skull and show me how I'm any different than anyone else. I just want to be part of the group and be able to voice my experiences and opinions like everyone else. Im not trying to be a rebel w/o a cause here. Just want to have fun and learn and share an experience by the rules in wich we all share. Hopefully this can end and we can get back to it. Thank you all for your time.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
8 weeks? Damn. Initially I thought it was gonna be 2 from chatting with Chris, King build is 9-10 for me.

I got 2.75" front, 1" soft ride rear with King 3.0 front and 2.5 rear. It's overkill for what I need for sure. I'm sure I could have gone king/fox 2.0 and saved myself some cash and been fine but I hear nothing but good things about the King custom builds and the 2.5 and up so I spent the money. I had Fox rears on my previous truck, a GM 1500, and I wasn't impressed at all. I'm hoping to take it on some local trails here soon and I'll be out beating on it during hunting season so I'm excited to see how the ride difference is. Also interested to see how soft the rears are. My biggest concern is loosing too much payload so we will see how it goes.

Nice set up. Wow that’s a great paring.

I tow heavy so I wanted to keep my factory rake. I went 0.5” front with the 2.5 kings on all corners. I went with the level 2 seemed to be the best option to me. With 5% off it came to 2550.00 but I am really hopeful the new set up ads a plush ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread