Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

b307a1

Reaction score
Finished up the Titan Sidekick install, will condense pics and mods/adjustments made to make it work with my current setup. Pretty stoked for our upcoming trip, gonna see how far I can really go on the stock tank!
That's a pretty nice set up and you did a good job on the install. How well will the bed rug hold up to spilled fuel?

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
That's a pretty nice set up and you did a good job on the install. How well will the bed rug hold up to spilled fuel?
I spilled gas on mine... aside from it taking forever for the smell to go away (even using all kinds of cleaners), it did absolutely nothing to the BedRug.

Gofast23

Reaction score
Finished up the Titan Sidekick install, will condense pics and mods/adjustments made to make it work with my current setup. Pretty stoked for our upcoming trip, gonna see how far I can really go on the stock tank!

I have the exact same setup as you with BedRug and X4s cover. Nice to see an installation that matches my exact needs.

How bad was the installation process, particularly drilling mounting points? I have a strong aversion to putting holes that aren’t factory original, so hopefully these are minimal. Do you need to remove the factory tie-down cleat? Lastly, would the electric pump be long enough if there was second tank on the passenger side?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grateful Dad

Reaction score
I have the exact same setup as you with BedRug and X4s cover. Nice to see an installation that matches my exact needs.

How bad was the installation process, particularly drilling mounting points? I have a strong aversion to putting holes that aren’t factory original, so hopefully these are minimal. Do you need to remove the factory tie-down cleat? Lastly, would the electric pump be long enough if there was second tank on the passenger side?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Install was pretty easy, my OCD made it take longer. Tank comes with self tappers so there is no drilling needed, just pick your mounting position and pop them thru (if I didn’t have the cover and bedrug it would have been a 10 minute job from opening the box to cracking a beer when done). Only issues were from the Bakflip, had to notch the rail for a mounting bracket and trim one nub off the front knob (it was just barely interfering with the fill cap). No mods needed for the factory tie downs, tank notches in and clears them. The Tera pump I purchased has a 4’ hose but they sell an identical one with a 10’ hose which would reach if the tank was mounted on the other side.

Jnrcarson

Reaction score
Has anyone added tie down rails to their bed? If so what type and how and where attached. I use a cargo net to cover everything when going camping and had to run rope from the corner tie downs along the bed side so I would have more places to attach the net. It was ugly but it worked. Would like a more permanent solution. Thanks all

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
I hope you were able to rotate your stabilizer up and behind your tie-rod for protection. Hanging low like that is begging for a rock to hit it.

It did come up some on the tire side, but the tie rod sits higher than the axle side clamp.
I don't see how you'd be able to get the shock behind the tie rod.
I'd take a pic, but I'm out of town.

Users who are viewing this thread