Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
Well thank you! I just rolled 44k beginning of the week and I've had her for 2-1/2 year.
How does your 2.5yr old truck still look that nice underneath with 44k?! I see you are in New Hampshire, so I'm guessing you deal with winter road salt like I do here in Ohio. Do you use fluid film or any type of undercoating for winters? The only reason I put an order in on a 2023 Powerwagon was that the salt has destroyed the body on my 09 GMC. That 6.0 engine could easily run another 10 years, but the body will be gone. I want to take any steps I can to preserve my new truck!

NHOverland

Reaction score
How does your 2.5yr old truck still look that nice underneath with 44k?! I see you are in New Hampshire, so I'm guessing you deal with winter road salt like I do here in Ohio. Do you use fluid film or any type of undercoating for winters? The only reason I put an order in on a 2023 Powerwagon was that the salt has destroyed the body on my 09 GMC. That 6.0 engine could easily run another 10 years, but the body will be gone. I want to take any steps I can to preserve my new truck!
In the winter I'll hit the self serve car wash every few weeks and rinse it down then spray it with the hot wax helps seal it for a little bit. Spring it gets a full cleaning, I coat the rusty bits with VHT Rust Convertor then cover everything with VHT Epoxy Paint in Satin Black. Look good as new!

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
In the winter I'll hit the self serve car wash every few weeks and rinse it down then spray it with the hot wax helps seal it for a little bit. Spring it gets a full cleaning, I coat the rusty bits with VHT Rust Convertor then cover everything with VHT Epoxy Paint in Satin Black. Look good as new!
Beautiful job maintaining your truck. I saw the pics and thought "another southern or western vehicle that never sees road salt in the winter". Haha.

Speedracer93CobraR

Reaction score
had to replace the starter. 65k miles. went ahead and put a fresh set of batteries in while I was in there. oil change and filters since monitors were 18%.

p.s.a.

the rusty block brace has to come off, to reach the bottom starter bolt.

View attachment 50550
I just had to replace my starter (2020 Hemi truck) at 48,xxx miles. I have not had to replace a starter on anything in years. I was surprised it went out and am interested now that I see I am not the only one. I will say the new starter spins the truck over much faster. I don't know if I just got used to the original one slowing down over time or there has been a revision in the part.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
So moving past the rear track bar fiasco yesterday, I got both rear shocks installed today.
Tightened it down so the top bushing slid over the bottom cone bushing... loosened it and then followed Thuren specs (top washer just barely loose and then two full turns).

Nut just barely goes past the top of the stem...not sure that I like that but I'm gonna leave it like this and just watch it to see what happens.

20230127_140327.jpg

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
6.4 or 6.7? Do you get a coolant smell occasionally?

My 6.7 smells like coolant to me often.

I did add 1600 ml after getting a low coolant alarm.

I don't recall checking it after the Y78 pump recall so it may have been a little low if they pulled the hose. I should look on the repair order. I think they added coolant, but perhaps not enough.

The smell thing bugs me though, any residue should have dissipated long ago.

Users who are viewing this thread