Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
For what its worth.. I was NOT spending what they want for a set of mud flaps Call me cheap or whatever but I would rather spend that money someplace else. I made a set for my 2021- 2500 Bighorn using a stall mat from Tractor supply which was 29.99. The mats are big enough to make more than 4 mud flaps and are slightly over 1/2" thick. I used a jig saw with an aggressive wood blade along with a Multi tool to cut them out. It is a little tricky at first but you learn how to move the tools to get through it.

Later on I may add some anti sail weights to them just to give them that something extra. For what they are they work as intended and I have made them for my past few trucks now with no issues. I used a piece of clear poly carbonate I had laying around for a template. Just took out a factory screw from the liner of the wheel well, drilled a hole in the clear sheet, mounted the sheet to the liner with the screw I took out and traced the shape of the liner onto the clear sheet.. Once you do that it is all down hill from there! Cut out the shape and refit until your happy then transfer the template to the stall mat. Nice thing about the template is that you can just flip it over from one side to the other for passenger or driver side. If I remember correctly I looked up the flaps on line to see the dimensions for front and back and made mine just an inch or two longer. I can get dimensions if anyone is that interested. Here are some pics and YES, after I was done I made ALL of the hardware match. All of the original trim was left on the truck, I felt that it added to the stability of the flaps and didn't really see any advantage in removing it. :cool: I may still have the template laying around...

Did the same... picked up some flaps at the local truck stop, ordered some weights...
Cardboard for a template, some beer and a weekend... all for about $150.

Herrred

Reaction score
Installed my KaodTech bypass. I have the VSIM, so all the additional cables and hub made my install a fraction more difficult. Just left it installed and hooked in my PedalMonster. Third RAM I've owned in which to use my AlfaOBD, and it continues to be worth every cent. All working perfectly.

rauan

Reaction score
What is practical use for vsim? I saw some videos and read some on ram site, but still not getting what it can be used for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Linked4door

Reaction score
What is practical use for vsim? I saw some videos and read some on ram site, but still not getting what it can be used for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wig wag lights is the most common use i have seen which would be good for construction, towing, ect. Also using in conjuction with PTO to enable at certain ram range

blbrown

Reaction score
That looks great. I have been thinking Bout doing thr see but wasn't sure how it would look. I am sold now. How hard was it to do?
I pulled all the door panels off, one at a time as well as the radio to make it easier. The door panels have about 12 screws you can remove so you can remove the fake wood grain trim. This was so I didn't have to cut around the trim with a razor knife, possibly cutting into the panel around the trim. It only took about 20 minutes per panel to complete.

whitexc

Reaction score
Nice....we need other pics.

Sent from my semi-smart telephonic device

Mike67

Reaction score
Nice work. I still have a set of these waiting to be installed. It has only been a year now so it should be coming up on the list soon.
Nice! I just installed the same lights today myself and in the exact same spots! Wired into the upfitter so I could control from the cab. Thought about adding a hood switch, but them figured it would drain the battery if the hood were open for an extended length of time.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Nice! I just installed the same lights today myself and in the exact same spots! Wired into the upfitter so I could control from the cab. Thought about adding a hood switch, but them figured it would drain the battery if the hood were open for an extended length of time.
I intend to put them on an Aux switch too. I don't want them turning on every time I open the hood.

Linked4door

Reaction score
Had some more parts dropped off today. The pile of parts is starting build up. Think I am going to sell the muffler and get a longer one since I am not wanting it to be too loud. Also started wiring my my hood lights. Just waiting on the bracket from NHOverland to show up.

Attachments

• 20220127_105253.jpg
    20220127_105253.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 118
  • 20220127_113317.jpg
    20220127_113317.jpg
    461.5 KB · Views: 119

Users who are viewing this thread