Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

MotoFish

Reaction score
I just wrote my mud flap question and saw your post.

I got some Rokblokz. Haven’t installed yet. Waiting for my Thuren level lift to show/install. But I have them and wheels also, will be a bill change soon, then I can post a photo.

Attachments

• 8F5C3EC9-947D-4CD5-B313-EDEBD45343E2.jpeg
    8F5C3EC9-947D-4CD5-B313-EDEBD45343E2.jpeg
    164.6 KB · Views: 61

BroGo

Reaction score
I got some Rokblokz. Haven’t installed yet. Waiting for my Thuren level lift to show/install. But I have them and wheels also, will be a bill change soon, then I can post a photo.

A friend of mine has Rokblokz on his Raptor and I was really impressed with how clean the sides of his truck were this last fall after 4 days of hunting. We drove through puddles of slushy snow/mud and the mud flaps really worked! I’ll be installing a set on my 3500 SRW once the truck arrives and I install my Carli level kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
A friend of mine has Rokblokz on his Raptor and I was really impressed with how clean the sides of his truck were this last fall after 4 days of hunting. We drove through puddles of slushy snow/mud and the mud flaps really worked! I’ll be installing a set on my 3500 SRW once the truck arrives and I install my Carli level kit.

I just checked their website and said not available for my ‘22 3500 limited crew cab SRW.

BroGo

Reaction score
I just checked their website and said not available for my ‘22 3500 limited crew cab SRW.

These should fit. The truck they’re installing on is a Laramie, but should be identical. There’s an install video on the website so you can double check the screw positioning and such against your truck to be sure.
fa788071f5f87ec8226a216616a37e2f.jpg

MotoFish

Reaction score
These should fit. The truck they’re installing on is a Laramie, but should be identical. There’s an install video on the website so you can double check the screw positioning and such against your truck to be sure.
fa788071f5f87ec8226a216616a37e2f.jpg

These are the ones I purchased. Kept it simple. Black XL’s…. Did get their logo in gray. Held up against factory tire and they are about 1” wider, which will be perfect when I replace those shoes. I like how they slot their holes and provide large washers. Therefore you have a little wiggle room side to side. They should work great. Look forward to everything else getting here.

jadmt

Reaction score
Has anyone done mud flaps on their 3500 SRW. I want to know if it’s worth it and a good idea and what the best ones are. I’ve never done mud flaps on any truck in my life so really don’t know if I should. Appreciate your help guys.
Hard to beat mopar heavy duty mud flaps. Quality heavy duty rubber not plastic like some of the molded ones.
7960101D-291F-4608-B9A9-E2D7E5C0781C.jpeg

Last edited:

tolym

Reaction score
Has anyone done mud flaps on their 3500 SRW. I want to know if it’s worth it and a good idea and what the best ones are. I’ve never done mud flaps on any truck in my life so really don’t know if I should. Appreciate your help guys.

169f5a565a283b5ee7213018e213fe91.jpg

284ad21c26769e2fe811656b7eb2a3b8.jpg

c7098eeef916e906e0a03ec3805e949a.jpg

f5900a6a667715aaf1877ed80f8778fd.jpg

I installed Husky on my 3500 SRW.

*2022 Ram 3500 HO MegaCab Laramie Patriot Blue. (Ordered 8/7. Picked up on 12/23. Best Christmas present ever)

Porkchopexpress

Reaction score
Put on my Extang tonneau cover and installed the B&W Companion 5th wheel hitch in my bed. Forgot to lower the truck so had to put a little extra effort into getting that hitch in the bed. Also, put in the Weather Tech mats. Didn't have time to install my Ram mount for my computer so will do that tomorrow after the brush guard is installed. Have an appointment to have the Radar detector and Dashcam (separate) installed. Had the windows tinted with the ceramic tint to 15% yesterday to keep the truck nice and cool in the summer.

Ramit530

Reaction score
@Thebuilderman Yes they make a difference, certainly keep the truck clean, free of road crap and chips from debris. Gatorback is what I used. I sent you a PM as well

RAMRULZ21

Reaction score
For what its worth.. I was NOT spending what they want for a set of mud flaps Call me cheap or whatever but I would rather spend that money someplace else. I made a set for my 2021- 2500 Bighorn using a stall mat from Tractor supply which was 29.99. The mats are big enough to make more than 4 mud flaps and are slightly over 1/2" thick. I used a jig saw with an aggressive wood blade along with a Multi tool to cut them out. It is a little tricky at first but you learn how to move the tools to get through it.

Later on I may add some anti sail weights to them just to give them that something extra. For what they are they work as intended and I have made them for my past few trucks now with no issues. I used a piece of clear poly carbonate I had laying around for a template. Just took out a factory screw from the liner of the wheel well, drilled a hole in the clear sheet, mounted the sheet to the liner with the screw I took out and traced the shape of the liner onto the clear sheet.. Once you do that it is all down hill from there! Cut out the shape and refit until your happy then transfer the template to the stall mat. Nice thing about the template is that you can just flip it over from one side to the other for passenger or driver side. If I remember correctly I looked up the flaps on line to see the dimensions for front and back and made mine just an inch or two longer. I can get dimensions if anyone is that interested. Here are some pics and YES, after I was done I made ALL of the hardware match. All of the original trim was left on the truck, I felt that it added to the stability of the flaps and didn't really see any advantage in removing it. :cool: I may still have the template laying around...
Template.jpegTraced onto mat (1).jpegFront fit.jpegFront view.jpegRear fit.jpegRear view (1).jpegPicture1.png

Last edited:

flan

Reaction score
For what its worth.. I was NOT spending what they want for a set of mud flaps Call me cheap or whatever but I would rather spend that money someplace else. I made a set for my 2021- 2500 Bighorn using a stall mat from Tractor supply which was 29.99. The mats are big enough to make more than 4 mud flaps and are slightly over 1/2" thick. I used a jig saw with an aggressive wood blade along with a Multi tool to cut them out. It is a little tricky at first but you learn how to move the tools to get through it.

Later on I may add some anti sail weights to them just to give them that something extra. For what they are they work as intended and I have made them for my past few trucks now with no issues. I used a piece of clear poly carbonate I had laying around for a template. Just took out a factory screw from the liner of the wheel well, drilled a hole in the clear sheet, mounted the sheet to the liner with the screw I took out and traced the shape of the liner onto the clear sheet.. Once you do that it is all down hill from there! Cut out the shape and refit until your happy then transfer the template to the stall mat. Nice thing about the template is that you can just flip it over from one side to the other for passenger or driver side. If I remember correctly I looked up the flaps on line to see the dimensions for front and back and made mine just an inch or two longer. I can get dimensions if anyone is that interested. Here are some pics and YES, after I was done I made ALL of the hardware match. All of the original trim was left on the truck, I felt that it added to the stability of the flaps and didn't really see any advantage in removing it. :cool: I may still have the template laying around...
View attachment 30703View attachment 30704View attachment 30705View attachment 30706View attachment 30707View attachment 30708View attachment 30709
I did similar, but used cardboard as a template and big rig 24x30 mudflaps for material. Less that 100 bucks for all 4 corners.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score

View attachment 30703View attachment 30704View attachment 30705View attachment 30706View attachment 30707View attachment 30708View attachment 30709
Thanks! That’s was a great idea! You did a great job too. Well someone may want to sell me theirs and if it’s not a bad deal I’ll go that route but if not I’m gonna go your way.

RAMRULZ21

Reaction score
Thanks! That’s was a great idea! You did a great job too. Well someone may want to sell me theirs and if it’s not a bad deal I’ll go that route but if not I’m gonna go your way.
Thanks! I don't need the template. I would be willing to pass it on if I still have it.

Linked4door

Reaction score
Haven't installed it yet, but gathering some parts in preparation of a weekend install. Debating whether I should do it all at once or one part at a time incase I need to troubleshoot anything.

Disclaimer: yes I know the intake isn't the limitation on these motors. Only doing it cause I want rhe sound, the looks, and since it was a partial Christmas gift.

Attachments

• 20220124_145728.jpg
    20220124_145728.jpg
    344.6 KB · Views: 147

GPurcell01

Reaction score
Haven't installed it yet, but gathering some parts in preparation of a weekend install. Debating whether I should do it all at once or one part at a time incase I need to troubleshoot anything.

Disclaimer: yes I know the intake isn't the limitation on these motors. Only doing it cause I want rhe sound, the looks, and since it was a partial Christmas gift.

Since I can see the plate on top of the horn... tune first. If it successfully tunes then start modding. But don't start it until the proper stuff is unplugged/gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Ltk