Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weird beeping/tones with no warning lights

trevor21

Reaction score
I just picked up my 2022 3500 Mega Cab Limited SRW. While driving, I sometimes hear a loud 3 beat chime, “Ding Ding Ding” and then it stops. There’s never a warning light or message on either screen. It mostly happens at random times on the street, but it did happen once on the freeway. I tried turning of notifications from the Uconnect screen, notifications from my phone through CarPlay, notifications from XM radio but it’s still happening. It’s not consistent enough to know when or why it does it. Anybody have any idea what it could be?

trevor21

Reaction score
Will you elaborate on this? Is this something in the NAV part of UConnect? Did you disable it?
Yes. It was part of the factory Nav on the 12” Uconnect. In the settings, you can enable/disable different notifications. Some of the notifications that were making the alerts were traffic light cameras and traffic on the freeway. When it would alert, there was no visual warning, just an audible alert. So it took a while to figure out what it was. Since I disabled it, I haven’t had any problems.

Users who are viewing this thread