Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Was the early 2022 frequent regen issue resolved

decelt

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm new to Cummins diesels and just bought a 2022 (11/22 build) 3500.

I'm reading about early 2022 model year issues with frequent regens and clogged dpfs.

Was this issue resolved or do I have something to look forward to?

Thanks,

Decelt

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

techman

Reaction score
If you are referring to the problem threads on this message board, the "issues" are more anecdotal and do not represent a large majority. Negative forum posts are more plentiful than positive ones just by nature. If there was a global problem with RAM Diesel emissions equipment you would see TSB's, Recalls, etc. There are some, but none that would point to a major failure of what is arguably a extremely complex system that does work well a majority of the time.

Welcome to the diesel fun. Keep up the regular maintenance, use quality diesel, don't idle excessively, and drive your truck as much as you can. The chances you will have a major problem are very small.

decelt

Reaction score
If you are referring to the problem threads on this message board, the "issues" are more anecdotal and do not represent a large majority. Negative forum posts are more plentiful than positive ones just by nature. If there was a global problem with RAM Diesel emissions equipment you would see TSB's, Recalls, etc. There are some, but none that would point to a major failure of what is arguably a extremely complex system that does work well a majority of the time.

Welcome to the diesel fun. Keep up the regular maintenance, use quality diesel, don't idle excessively, and drive your truck as much as you can. The chances you will have a major problem are very small.
Thanks... It didn't look like a widespread issue. I started with diesels back with the 6.0 Powerstrokes during the first year of DEF etc.

The 2022 Cummins should be a cakewalk after that

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread