Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warranty is up in one month - Any thing I should look for or have the dealer check out?

tsanfilippo

Reaction score
I have a 2020 3500 with only 14K miles and the warranty will be up in late April of 2023. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for me to have the dealer check before it's gone.

Anyone recommend that I extend the warranty?
thanks

techman

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the dealer isn't going to prematurely replace anything that hasn't failed that might be a warranty item. Plus you don't have that many miles on your truck it is barely broken in so you should be fine. Get out and drive it!

No on the warranty.

tsanfilippo

Reaction score
Thanks, totaly agree with your comment, one thing I did notice was my batteries were not holding a charge, since the truck sat so much, all the electronics are in use even when it's sitting. I took it in a month or two ago and had them tested, they gave me two new batteries under warranty. That is the kind of thing I was thinking I am glad I had checked.
thanks again.

techman

Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and get a trickle or smart charger for your truck when it is sitting. Cheap money and will keep your batteries happy between uses.

tsanfilippo

Reaction score
Thanks, and yes I do that to all my "sitting" batteries and it works great. My 2010 Camaro still has it's stock battery. My RZR's had 6 year old batteries that worked great as well. Quad the same.
I bought this truck in Nov. 2022 and the previous owner didn't!

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I usually just do my own through inspection on everything and then if anything comes up i have the dealer swap it out before warranty ends. If you dont have the means to inspect it just send it to the dealer to for a full inspection it may cost an hours labor but if they find anything then it may be worth the cost

Users who are viewing this thread