Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Volume Issue

Aykillah

Reaction score
Alright guys so I’m driving to work this morning listening to CarPlay with my volume on 6. Out of nowhere I hear this loud crackle and pop and the volume turns up to about 20. I tried turning it down but even showing 0 it still sounds like 20. I switched it to FM and same issue, SXM, it’s back to normal. When I hit the power button I can hear like a staticky sound coming from the front dash. Any ideas on what the issue might be?

2019 Power Wagon w/ Alpine system

Last edited:

Riddick

Reaction score
There seems to be a ton of software glitches with the release of UConnect 5. Make sure your truck is connected to your home Wi-Fi so it can update as necessary. If the issue continues you can always take it to dealer and they can force the system to update. I would hold off on this until FCA gets all the bugs worked out.

Aykillah

Reaction score
There seems to be a ton of software glitches with the release of UConnect 5. Make sure your truck is connected to your home Wi-Fi so it can update as necessary. If the issue continues you can always take it to dealer and they can force the system to update. I would hold off on this until FCA gets all the bugs worked out.
I should have specified, I don’t have the UConect 5.

jadmt

Reaction score
I have never had an update entering my vin. seems like at some point 5hey would show an update

Users who are viewing this thread