Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

voice navigation from phone wont go thru truck

dieselbeef

Reaction score
so the map works fine if its just the phone..if i bluetooth to the truck..whether thru a usb cable or bluetooth or both at the same time the voice will not come thru the truck..it quiets the music..and will makes a ding like a prompt..but will not give the voice navaigation...

other phones will work..my previous phone worked....my phone is an se iphone...ifd like to be able to listen to pandora and have the voice navigation interrupt with directions but i cannot for the life of me figure it out..

when the phone is plugged into the usb..it will not tell me thru the truck the navigation directions....or bluetooth does not work either way. but the phone will work fine if not plugged in or bluetooth..my 5s phone worked fine..

.i went thru the search here and the uconnect stuff..no luck

the phone isnt linked thru uconnect i dont think..hell idk..but i can make and take calls thru the truck no problem..

Lary0071

Reaction score
When you get the point where the radio silences the current music to where you think the phone should be "talking"... turn the volume up. The volumes are all different and if your phone voice is turned to zero... no sound.

dieselbeef

Reaction score
i have it in the map app full volume. also the phone volume itself is turned up. other phones will work....i think it is the phone..apple is impossible to get any help from as they have no idea about the truck..nor does th verizon 12yr old that works the store...lol

Lary0071

Reaction score
i have it in the map app full volume. also the phone volume itself is turned up. other phones will work....i think it is the phone..apple is impossible to get any help from as they have no idea about the truck..nor does th verizon 12yr old that works the store...lol
You can only adjust the volume during the time that the phone is actually speaking. It can be fun (NOT!) to catch it at the right time. My father was annoyed with the maps voice during a trip and turned the radio down all the way while the G-Maps was talking. He later complained to me that it no longer works. I had to mess around with it to catch it at the right time. I still sort of think that your phone mapping audio is turned to zero. I could be wrong, I have been before. But this would be the most logical. And I use Android, but on my Note 20 while plugged directly in to the USB, the phone volume has no effect on the sound of music or G-maps. If I unplug and go Bluetooth, the phone volume controls come into play.

dieselbeef

Reaction score
hm..interesting..ill look into it.different thoughts ..thats good..thanks

Users who are viewing this thread