Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vinyl Floors + Floor mats?? Carpet —> Vinyl conversion

el_barto

Reaction score
My power wagon came with carpet floors, like most. I think carpet in cars and trucks is dumb because they are hard to clean, hold the dirt, and, can get mildew if left wet. But at least my truck came with the nice oem snap-in rubber floor mats.
Still, I’d like to replace the carpet with vinyl, so I found the part number for the vinyl floor covering that fits my truck. It appears to come with the snap ins for the floor mats so I can still use the nice rubber floor liners PLUS the easy to clean vinyl underneath.

I have heard issues with rubber mats sliding on vinyl floors... but since the Ram vinyl floor has the floor mat snap-ins, plus the floor appears to have texture, I don’t think this will be an issue.

So my question: Can anyone confirm, no issues with oem rubber floor mats on the oem vinyl floor?

Also, anything else I should consider before swapping in the vinyl floor?

Attachments

• AC830E69-9885-497D-A1D7-528FE8427DDD.jpeg
    AC830E69-9885-497D-A1D7-528FE8427DDD.jpeg
    42.8 KB · Views: 73

loveracing1988

Reaction score
My power wagon came with carpet floors, like most. I think carpet in cars and trucks is dumb because they are hard to clean, hold the dirt, and, can get mildew if left wet. But at least my truck came with the nice oem snap-in rubber floor mats.
Still, I’d like to replace the carpet with vinyl, so I found the part number for the vinyl floor covering that fits my truck. It appears to come with the snap ins for the floor mats so I can still use the nice rubber floor liners PLUS the easy to clean vinyl underneath.

I have heard issues with rubber mats sliding on vinyl floors... but since the Ram vinyl floor has the floor mat snap-ins, plus the floor appears to have texture, I don’t think this will be an issue.

So my question: Can anyone confirm, no issues with oem rubber floor mats on the oem vinyl floor?

My truck came with vinyl floor and the factory rubber floor mats and everything fits without issue and stays just fine,

Nd79

Reaction score

I have the vinyl floor in my in my truck but put in the weather tech floor mats. No sliding at all and cleaning it out is a breeze. The snaps on the floor and mats really help I think.

Eatonpcat

Reaction score
Had Weathertech mats over vinyl in the old F250 and they slid all over, had to velcro them down as there were no snaps to hold them. Good to know this is not an issue in the RAM.

el_barto

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses...sounds like the new vinyl floors are much improved over vinyl floors of days-gone-by.

If I had custom ordered my truck it definitely would have been with vinyl floors(especially since the cost is $0 when ordered with it)...alas $500 bucks or so isn’t too bad. Installation will be a chore though.

Eatonpcat

Reaction score
I remember seeing Carpet Delete on a couple truck stickers when I was looking...Seems like there was a nominal charge for this option...But could not figure out why. I could be wrong about the charge though, my memory is not what it used to be!!

el_barto

Reaction score
On the Ram website it showed carpet delete as a $0 option... but that isn’t 100% accurate sometimes.
Anyways, the truck I ended up getting came with carpet. It’s not a big deal and the Ram floor mats cover most of it, but there’s a few spots next to the floor mats and under the seats that aren’t covered that are dog-fur, crumb, and dirt magnets. But the vinyl floors are definitely something to put on my to-do list.

Fishnerd

Reaction score
Not sure sure what the weather is like in your neck of the woods, but in the PNW rain and wet is just a part of life. My concern would be if there were ever water intrusion and it got trapped between the vinyl and the floor with no way to evaporate or dryout. In my jeep days I pulled all the carpet out and “rhino lined” the floor, after one day of heavy rain and opened the door to an inch of water in passenger side. Wonder if that would be another option vs vinyl. Just a thought.

Poor man's PW

Reaction score
I remember seeing Carpet Delete on a couple truck stickers when I was looking...Seems like there was a nominal charge for this option...But could not figure out why. I could be wrong about the charge though, my memory is not what it used to be!!
Same here and what I didn't like was the fact wad they also delete the carpeted material in and around the storage bins under back seat. That was a deal breaker for me. Give me carpets and the rubber formed floor mats .

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I have the husky liners they are much bigger than the oem mats and my carpet is just like new underneath i am often in the mud and the wet also no salt stains…..

Nd79

Reaction score
I have the husky liners they are much bigger than the oem mats and my carpet is just like new underneath i am often in the mud and the wet also no salt stains…..
I should mention the weather techs I put in are the newer ones that are made a lot more like the huskies, at least material wise.

Nd79

Reaction score
Same here and what I didn't like was the fact wad they also delete the carpeted material in and around the storage bins under back seat. That was a deal breaker for me. Give me carpets and the rubber formed floor mats .
Yeah the storage bin under the back seat is definitely vinyl without carpet optioned.

The one place I am really glad I have the vinyl floors is right next to the gas peddle. My work boots constantly rub there. When I actually clean it I just wipe it all down.

Attachments

• PXL_20210724_000607250.jpg
    PXL_20210724_000607250.jpg
    662.5 KB · Views: 65
  • PXL_20210724_000614176.jpg
    PXL_20210724_000614176.jpg
    605.5 KB · Views: 65
  • PXL_20210724_000502252~2.jpg
    PXL_20210724_000502252~2.jpg
    597.9 KB · Views: 65

Shadowboxin20

Reaction score

this is my concern. I work outside and love my weather tech liners because the edges all have bowls that hold everything and go all the way to the door. I saw the oem ones in a video and it looks like they have massive gaps of carpet all around. Wish I would ordered the truck with vinyl but didn’t cause I didn’t want them to slide but I guess that’s not the case

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
this is my concern. I work outside and love my weather tech liners because the edges all have bowls that hold everything and go all the way to the door. I saw the oem ones in a video and it looks like they have massive gaps of carpet all around. Wish I would ordered the truck with vinyl but didn’t cause I didn’t want them to slide but I guess that’s not the case
The huskies cover more than the weathertechs eve goes up past the back of the throttle

Danny Cameo

Reaction score
Here are my Husky mats on my vinyl floor. The mats lock into the factory connections and have never slipped. I wouldn't consider another combination.

View attachment 20345

View attachment 20346
I have the exact same vinyl floors with the same connectors with the husky mats
With my part number it actually shows chose that the maths are supposed to you have the circular or connectors not just the little nipple like yours have
I got got the right part number but the maths don't have the circular connectorIt has the little nipple top like yours Yet on the bottom it's not a round connector it's square And there's no way that they pop in I've tried and tried
So I contacted husky they emailed me and asked for a photo Of the mat in my truck and the bottom part number or on the Mat
The mat has a different part number than the Box the Box so who knows maybe somebody returned it and it got missed boxed
I emailed off a photo to husky
I'm just wondering with the vinyl floors and those round attachments how you got that round nipple to fit into that mat in the photo that you posted
In the attached photo is what my part number comes up as As you can see in the photo it has the wrong connector
I hope that made sense

Attachments

• 41kpfC9yA8L._AC_SY780_.jpg
    41kpfC9yA8L._AC_SY780_.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 11

kevin588127

Reaction score
I have vinyl floors in my 2014 tradesman 1500. There are no hooks in mine but I went with husky liners. The move maybe an inch or so, it is a non issue. I ordered vinyl floors in my 22 2500 and from what I can tell, there are hooks. When doing the carpet delete, there is no charge and they add the Mopar slush mats for free. I've heard those mats may be in short supply so I'm not holding my breath that my truck will come with them. If it doesn't, I'll go with the huskys again. They are softer and more flexible than the weathertechs.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I have vinyl floors in my 2014 tradesman 1500. There are no hooks in mine but I went with husky liners. The move maybe an inch or so, it is a non issue. I ordered vinyl floors in my 22 2500 and from what I can tell, there are hooks. When doing the carpet delete, there is no charge and they add the Mopar slush mats for free. I've heard those mats may be in short supply so I'm not holding my breath that my truck will come with them. If it doesn't, I'll go with the huskys again. They are softer and more flexible than the weathertechs.
My huskies are the same material as the weathertechs but have way more coverage

kevin588127

Reaction score
My huskies are the same material as the weathertechs but have way more coverage
Interesting. When I bought mine 6 years ago, the huskys were soft molded rubber. The weathertechs at the time we're more of a rigid plastic.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Interesting. When I bought mine 6 years ago, the huskys were soft molded rubber. The weathertechs at the time we're more of a rigid plastic.
Perhaps we are talking 2 different product lines of the huskies, as i have the exact contour ones made of the hard plastic

Users who are viewing this thread