Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Viewing system info and software version

diesel_driver_3500

Reaction score
I have been trying to find the menu item on my Uconnect system that shows the software version currently installed. Looking online has been unsuccessful. Any pointers or pictures would be appreciated. This is for a 2021 Bighorn with the 8.4" and no navigation.

diesel_driver_3500

Reaction score
I did log in to Uconnect and verified that the software was up to date. What I am looking for is how are others looking up this information directly on their radio display? I have seen screen shots of this, but my system does not have any menu items for system info. I believe that the screen shots were of 12" systems, but I would think the 8.4" version would have this option as well.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
I did log in to Uconnect and verified that the software was up to date. What I am looking for is how are others looking up this information directly on their radio display? I have seen screen shots of this, but my system does not have any menu items for system info. I believe that the screen shots were of 12" systems, but I would think the 8.4" version would have this option as well.
It’s the same procedure as for the 12” screen and 8.4” with nav- press and hold the two lower corners of the screen for about 10 seconds (about the spots of your first and last apps on the lower row of icons). This method didn’t work on early software versions for 8.4 non nav, so if dealer mode doesn’t pop up, there’s definitely a newer software version for your radio.

jadmt

Reaction score
I guess on a non nav there really is no reason for an update. mine is over 2 years old (built 07/04/22 and never has had an update.

IMG_20221103_155802594-1.jpgIMG_20221103_155832087-1.jpg

jadmt

Reaction score
curious if you checked yours and if they are the same as mine?

Reaction score
My 2020 2500 8.4 with NAV just got an update last night. This is the second update I've see it do (over the air) since I bought the truck in Dec. 2020.

Curious if any changes as this uconnect does not play nice with CarPlay and my new iPhone 15 Pro. Doesn't see the phone connected about half the time. Have to unplug the USB-C cable and try again.

Users who are viewing this thread