Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unconnect Issue

Jbone209

Reaction score
Hello all, I’m new and don’t know if this has ever came up but I have an issue with a uconnect upgrade. I have a 2017 2500 that came with an RA1, I installed the infotainment climate control upgrade with 8.4” bezel. Went from 4 speed to 7 speed. Everything works fine with an RA3/VP3. Found an upgrade to get apple carplay installed and it shows no apps I have no volume control or mute but unit does play music just know control. No climate control app but ac heater work with hard buttons. Unit part number is #68292209AF. I also installed a compass media hub with adapter harness which is also not working or charging my device. I’m so confused is this part number just not compatible with my vehicle? Thank you all for any insight you can give!

Goodmo

Reaction score
Hello all, I’m new and don’t know if this has ever came up but I have an issue with a uconnect upgrade. I have a 2017 2500 that came with an RA1, I installed the infotainment climate control upgrade with 8.4” bezel. Went from 4 speed to 7 speed. Everything works fine with an RA3/VP3. Found an upgrade to get apple carplay installed and it shows no apps I have no volume control or mute but unit does play music just know control. No climate control app but ac heater work with hard buttons. Unit part number is #68292209AF. I also installed a compass media hub with adapter harness which is also not working or charging my device. I’m so confused is this part number just not compatible with my vehicle? Thank you all for any insight you can give!
Does this unit uconnect 5 or 4c?

Users who are viewing this thread