Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect5 confirmed in 2022 HD lineup

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks to member @JKWDumpsterRental for posting the first 2022 POC listing, it's confirmed Uconnect5 is available in the 2022 HD lineup.

index.php

Last edited:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

Last edited:

Scubaz66

Reaction score
Researching and reading through this Forum I'm seeing (TFA) Tire Fill Alert and (STFA) Select-able Tire Fill Alert. I believe there is a difference as TFA is set up with a predetermined tire pressure from the factory based on tires that came with the truck and STFA is a programmable feature where the customer can set the desired pressure base on aftermarket tires ratings and recommended tire pressures.

I put on aftermarket tires and done a chalk test to determine the best tire pressure to attain the best tread wear and ride comfort. Front is 55psi and rear is 60 psi which still meets factory axle weight recommendations according to my VIN. (Note: I don't tow heavy loads except for a couple times a year and know I need to increase tire pressure if I decide to tow heavy). MAX psi in my aftermarket tires is 80psi

Factory Recommendations based on label attached to the door jam is 60psi front and 65psi rear so I currently have a 10psi difference yet my system doesn't alert me to low tire pressure. Doesn't this defeat the purpose of the system?

My UConnect5 System is currently matching the PSI of each tire (within 2psi) but I cannot find anywhere in the UConnect5 System to change these settings. I can activate the Tire Fill Alert system within the UConnect5 System, but my horn doesn't honk nor does my flashers activate while adding air to the tires.

I have a 2022 Big Horn 2500. Is this another feature RAM took away because of the chip shortage? How can I tell if my system as the Selectable System?

I'm asking the fine folks here on the Forum because they are more knowledgeable than most dealer service departments.... lol

Users who are viewing this thread