Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect Wifi dead for good?

jsalbre

Reaction score
Two mistakes I made in my comments:
1. This pilot wasn't 10 years ago it was in 2018.
2. I was in error when I said some participants received tickets (brain fart).

However, the fact that the pilot was collecting far more data points than just mileage (which is my main gripe) was reported by one of the participants.

She said that over the two weeks, not only was her mileage tracked, but her driving itself was scored. The score was based on braking, accelerating, speeding and going around corners. Frost was able to see exactly where and when she had gone over the speed limit, and for how long. The results shocked her. “I had 176 potential speeding violations … and that amounts to $20,240, in theory,” she said.

The full article: https://mynorthwest.com/946367/washington-road-usage-pilot-expert/

End of my comments on this, especially since you're now being snide, "Your speedometer tells you the speed you’re going too, is that big brother?"
Interesting. I wasn’t able to find that article in my search. Thanks for posting it. After reading through it I wonder if the modules they were using were provided by one of the car insurance companies. A number of them have programs where you can agree to have your driving habits tracked for an insurance discount, assuming you’re a good driver. I personally think it’s a terrible idea, I don’t care how big the discount is.

My apologies, my comment was a bit snide, but the rest still stands. I don’t see the connection between this tracking thing and your own navigation app, that has to know your speed to function, and has to know the speed limit so it can display it to you.

cardplayer

Reaction score
Does anyone with the 8.4" 4C Uconnect system have Wifi with a connection to the internet and a working Hotspot? These systems are 4G LTE and should be able to connect to the internet even after the demise of 3G.
It appears that Stellantis and AT&T have worked in unison to disable this function on these systems. AT&T Connected Car won't add new customers and won't renew existing customers. AT&T says they did this at the request of Stellantis and Uconnect.
We have been told that the Wifi hotspot function issue would be resolved by year end 2022 but with only a couple of weeks left in the year, this looks doubtful. Earlier in the year we were told the issue would be resolved by the end of March, then April, then May but the problem persists.

kennelpj

Reaction score
You
I, too, am puzzled why I'm getting monthly truck status emails when I never signed up for RAM Connect or SiriusXM. It's obvious that telemetry data is continually being sent to Stellantis, which fries my can. I don't want any of that chit going anywhere! I guess I'll have to figure out where the stupid modem is and unplug/disable it. But I'm sure I'll have to wait until the warranty is over so they can't claim I voided it. I tried to purchase my truck with as little tech as possible, but even so I'm tethered to the beast one way or the other. No one can tell me that Stellantis wont ever send this telemetry data to the police, insurance companies, or other entities that could cause me grief down the road. Several years ago I quit using the map app on my old Android when I noticed, after an update, that it showed my vehical speed. And it would turn RED if I went 1 mph over! If that ain't Big Brother, I don't know what is!
Do you not carry a cell phone? Phones are just tracking devices that also make phone calls. You can take off you tin hat, no one cares that JimKIII is driving to Costco to get more toilet paper rolls

JimKIII

Reaction score
You

Do you not carry a cell phone? Phones are just tracking devices that also make phone calls. You can take off you tin hat, no one cares that JimKIII is driving to Costco to get more toilet paper rolls
Oh for God's sake. Put a plug in it. If you don't like what someone writes or thinks, keep the crap responses to yourself.

kennelpj

Reaction score
Oh for God's sake. Put a plug in it. If you don't like what someone writes or thinks, keep the crap responses to yourself.
Wait, so you didn't like what I said, but felt a need to reply. Yet say if I don't like something, I shouldnt reply? Bit hypocritical!

Though I am genuinely curious if you carry a cell phone becuase that's way more likely to be tracked than a vehicle. Cars are usually shared in a household. Phones not so much.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

We are sorry about the experience and inconvenience that this may caused you. Our team is currently working on a software update for this issue with the Wi-Fi. The update should be releasing soon. There are no date provided at the moment, but we will make the announcement once it has been released to us. In the mean time, please feel free to look at the bulletin on this.

William
Ram Cares

1672851803283.png
1672851818958.png

Much2fast

Reaction score
Hello
Curious if any updates on the wifi issue? I was looking to subscribe and use it on an upcoming trip. I had it when I first got the truck but only get this message now when trying to sign up:

"In-car Wi-Fi hotspot service is currently unavailable for your vehicle.

If you cannot sign up for In-car Wi-Fi hotspot service, please know that we and your vehicle manufacturer are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.

You will be notified when In-car Wi-Fi hotspot service is available for you to enroll. Thank you for your patience."

pinco

Reaction score
Hello
Curious if any updates on the wifi issue? I was looking to subscribe and use it on an upcoming trip. I had it when I first got the truck but only get this message now when trying to sign up:

If you cannot sign up for In-car Wi-Fi hotspot service, please know that we and your vehicle manufacturer are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.

You will be notified when In-car Wi-Fi hotspot service is available for you to enroll. Thank you for your patience."
Nothing has been fixed, in fact ATT has started billing me again for a Hotspot that doesn’t work. I show full signal strength reaching the vehicle, as I always have. It even connects to my phone for about a minute then says “no internet connection” on my iPhone. I tried a networking app to see the speed and what if anything was going on. The Wi-Fi trickles at an incredibly slow speed for about 15 seconds to a minute tops. I’m guessing that’s where all the vehicle data is coming from, then being emailed to me. It does NOT WORK, and hasn’t for a year and a half or so. I mentioned the date it stopped working at the top of this post. The only thing that works for me Is using my iPhone as a hotspot for my MacBook and iPad. It’s slow but absolutely necessary on a daily basis. I cannot believe this still hasn’t been resolved, but they still extract enough data to say my tire rotation is overdue, even though I replaced my defective original tires at 10k miles! They say I’m behind on recalls even when they have no parts! I’m finally getting my CP4 pump replaced tomorrow morning!!! Carfax emails make me look like I don’t take care of my vehicle and so do these emailed “vehicle reports”. I’m livid. I baby my truck, maintain it meticulously myself, and have been a mechanic my whole life.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Hello

Hi Much2fast,

We can help take a look into this for you! There was a software update released to upgrade to the 40.1 level in order renew the Wifi Hotspot service. Feel welcome to PM us your VIN and software level details for further assistance.

Steph
Ram Cares
Nothing has been fixed, in fact ATT has started billing me again for a Hotspot that doesn’t work. I show full signal strength reaching the vehicle, as I always have. It even connects to my phone for about a minute then says “no internet connection” on my iPhone. I tried a networking app to see the speed and what if anything was going on. The Wi-Fi trickles at an incredibly slow speed for about 15 seconds to a minute tops. I’m guessing that’s where all the vehicle data is coming from, then being emailed to me. It does NOT WORK, and hasn’t for a year and a half or so. I mentioned the date it stopped working at the top of this post. The only thing that works for me Is using my iPhone as a hotspot for my MacBook and iPad. It’s slow but absolutely necessary on a daily basis. I cannot believe this still hasn’t been resolved, but they still extract enough data to say my tire rotation is overdue, even though I replaced my defective original tires at 10k miles! They say I’m behind on recalls even when they have no parts! I’m finally getting my CP4 pump replaced tomorrow morning!!! Carfax emails make me look like I don’t take care of my vehicle and so do these emailed “vehicle reports”. I’m livid. I baby my truck, maintain it meticulously myself, and have been a mechanic my whole life.
I'm sorry for any frustrations this is causing you, pinco

I'm happy to take a further look into your vehicle information as well to provide the best steps to restore this feature for you. Your VIN and software details can be messaged to us as well to get started.

Steph
Ram Cares

Underline5656

Reaction score
Hi Much2fast,

We can help take a look into this for you! There was a software update released to upgrade to the 40.1 level in order renew the Wifi Hotspot service. Feel welcome to PM us your VIN and software level details for further assistance.

Steph
Ram Cares

I'm sorry for any frustrations this is causing you, pinco

I'm happy to take a further look into your vehicle information as well to provide the best steps to restore this feature for you. Your VIN and software details can be messaged to us as well to get started.

Steph
Ram Cares
@RamCares I'm having the same issue .. PM'd you with my info -- can you help, please?

ironmike

Reaction score
Hi Underline5656,

Thanks for the tag! I'll be in touch shortly.

Steph
Ram Cares
Hello Steph at Ram Care @RamCares
. I have not had wifi as well for 2 years. Same issue.. I have paid for it and never had service. and at&t says they cannot refund me due to this being a manufacturer problem. And at&t stated they will give me 3 years of service when it is operational, which it has not been. Can you please help?

Underline5656

Reaction score
Hello Steph at Ram Care @RamCares
. I have not had wifi as well for 2 years. Same issue.. I have paid for it and never had service. and at&t says they cannot refund me due to this being a manufacturer problem. And at&t stated they will give me 3 years of service when it is operational, which it has not been. Can you please help?
You need to go to the dealer and have them force apply the uconnect update. I had them do it and it fixed my issue

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
@RamCares can you please give us all an update?
Hi ironmike,

My apologies for missing your previous post. There is a required update to the 40.1 version that will restore access to the Wi-Fi feature. If you need assistance, you're welcome to PM us your VIN and current software version so we can help locate the next best steps for you.

Steph
Ram Cares

ironmike

Reaction score
Hi ironmike,

My apologies for missing your previous post. There is a required update to the 40.1 version that will restore access to the Wi-Fi feature. If you need assistance, you're welcome to PM us your VIN and current software version so we can help locate the next best steps for you.

Steph
Ram Cares
Thank you , will forward my vin.

ironmike

Reaction score
Hi ironmike,

Steph
Ram Cares
Can you please Pm me & I can respond. I can't find how to PM

ironmike

Reaction score
Hi ironmike,

Steph
Ram Cares
Can you please help? How do i find my software version? Thx

ironmike

Reaction score
OK!! SOOOOO here's my update!!

So i just got the 40.1 firmware/software update to my 2020 ram 3500 12" radio. I was advised by Ram care to have this done to enable the AT&T WIFI to return to operative as it has not been operative for 2 years now. Just got off the hour long phone call from AT&T to be told that the current firmware version is not compatible as of yet & lower versions are pending and they do not even see my version in pending status. I got AT&T to comp a years worth of service once it is compatible and activated. Anyone else having this issues for WIFI services? And can you share issues & experiences to resolutions you may have had?
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread