Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

uConnect Profiles.

snayte

Reaction score
So I have uConnect 5 in my new truck. Did the uConnect 4 have profiles that were tied to the seat/mirror memory buttons? I have set the mirrors to memory position 1 for standard position and memory position 2 for trailer position. The problem with that is that all the radio preset and bunch of other stuff are also tied to the memory buttons. Wondering if this is anew feature or if it has been around a while and if so is there a way to workaround it doing that.

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
So I have uConnect 5 in my new truck. Did the uConnect 4 have profiles that were tied to the seat/mirror memory buttons? I have set the mirrors to memory position 1 for standard position and memory position 2 for trailer position. The problem with that is that all the radio preset and bunch of other stuff are also tied to the memory buttons. Wondering if this is anew feature or if it has been around a while and if so is there a way to workaround it doing that.
Yes, it is the same for the UC4. I don't recall hearing anything specific about a workaround, but honestly haven't really looked as it hasn't bothered me.

PRS

Reaction score
On the 2020s you can set profile 1 for normal driving and then flip the mirrors up and set profile 1 for towing. The memory adjusts the mirror based on mirror position, vertical or horizontal. With the mirrors vertical, you will notice a sensor in the arm that monitors mirror position.
The Uconnect profile is also tied to the memory position.

Last edited:

CharlieL

Reaction score
What is it you are trying to work around? Uconnect 5 has the ability to set up to 5 different profiles. Each is tied to media & nav settings per the Uconnect owner manual. I’ve not set up any additional profiles and tried this function but might be worth checking out.

snayte

Reaction score
What is it you are trying to work around? Uconnect 5 has the ability to set up to 5 different profiles. Each is tied to media & nav settings per the Uconnect owner manual. I’ve not set up any additional profiles and tried this function but might be worth checking out.
I want to have 2 profiles tied to the memory buttons that are identical other than the mirror positions. So that I can have button one set for the mirrors when in normal position and button 2 for the mirrors in towing position. Not using it for towing yet but I think the option is to hit button 2 then switch to profile 1 on the radio.

PRS

Reaction score
I want to have 2 profiles tied to the memory buttons that are identical other than the mirror positions. So that I can have button one set for the mirrors when in normal position and button 2 for the mirrors in towing position. Not using it for towing yet but I think the option is to hit button 2 then switch to profile 1 on the radio.
You don’t need to use 2 memory selections. Store your normal driving profile in memory 1. Then flip the mirrors up and adjust for towing and store in memory 1 again. After that when you select the 1 memory the mirrors will adjust based on whether they are vertical or horizontal. There is a sensor in the mirror arm that monitors if the mirrors are up or down. One profile, two mirror configurations. Cool!

CharlieL

Reaction score
You don’t need to use 2 memory selections. Store your normal driving profile in memory 1. Then flip the mirrors up and adjust for towing and store in memory 1 again. After that when you select the 1 memory the mirrors will adjust based on whether they are vertical or horizontal. There is a sensor in the mirror arm that monitors if the mirrors are up or down. One profile, two mirror configurations. Cool!
Exactly. This is how I configured mine for recent first trip towing. However, the memory did not store the setting for the convex mirror, only the large mirror.

snayte

Reaction score
Really? That is great to know, I had no idea.

Thanks~

snayte

Reaction score
Exactly. This is how I configured mine for recent first trip towing. However, the memory did not store the setting for the convex mirror, only the large mirror.
Yeah, that part is a little lame. So too is the fact that the do not auto dim but I digress.

Users who are viewing this thread