Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect 5 Soft Reset/Reboot and Factory Reset Instructions

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Hello to our Ram Brand enthusiasts--

We've been noticing some conversations surrounding potential resets/reboot options for your Uconnect 5 systems and we wanted to make these instructions easily accessible to all of you. While we'll continue to provide these instructions as needed on the public threads, please feel free to reference here for the instructions below.

Customer prefers the "soft button" reset options
  • Open the VEHICLE app --> scroll to SETTINGS --> scroll to RESET and choose one of the following:
    • SOFT RESET/REBOOT - performs a cold reboot which completely restarts the radio and all peripheral devices in the radio.
    • FACTORY RESET- *CAUTION: This action wipes saved user data from the radio and reverts everything back to factory default settings. (Presets, Favorites, Profiles, Paired Phones will be cleared). We recommend deleting and re-pairing any mobile devices after performing a factory reset. See instructions below.**
Customer prefers the "hard button" reset option
This option performs a cold reboot which completely restarts the radio and all peripheral devices in the radio.
  • Press and hold the "power button/knob" in for 10 seconds or more
Deleting & Re-Pairing Mobile Devices
  1. "Forget" your mobile device and Uconnect system on the respective units
    1. On Apple device Go to Settings>General>Carplay>Forget this Device.
    2. On Radio Go to Phone> Settings> Select Device in List and Delete the device.
    3. On the Phone, Go to Settings> Bluetooth> Unpair/Forget Existing "Uconnect" and duplicates.
  2. Ensure that your mobile phone's software and Uconnect software are both up to date. Then restart phone and pair again.
  3. Make sure Siri is on & CarPlay is not restricted.
    1. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap Allowed Apps and ensure CarPlay is enabled.
    2. Go to Settings > General > CarPlay, tap your car, then tap Forget This Car. Then set up CarPlay again.
If you are experiencing concerns and a reboot of your Uconnect 5 system does not mitigate these concerns, please don't hesitate to send our team a private message with your VIN and any additional details/documentation that will help us get a better understanding of your situation

Thanks,

Ram Cares

Last edited:

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Thanks for the positive feedback! We've edited the post a bit to include re-pairing instructions, for your convenience. Feel free to share this information with your fellow Ram/ Uconnect 5 owners whenever you think it'd be helpful! It's good information to have in your back pocket.

We appreciate all of you for making this an awesome community to be a part of!

Ram Cares

obhitn3

Reaction score
Picked mine up yesterday and it’s super buggy. Freezes, doesn’t allow changing of the screens sometimes, changes pages on its own during phone calls, and flashes to a blank screen out of nowhere. Heard great things about it being fast too…. My system in my 2017 was smoother.. maybe it needs an update but 1st impression is not good. My 21 I could split the screen as well and have apple car play up top for nav and Sirius on the bottom half. Can’t find a way to do that yet.. hope my experience gets better

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
Picked mine up yesterday and it’s super buggy. Freezes, doesn’t allow changing of the screens sometimes, changes pages on its own during phone calls, and flashes to a blank screen out of nowhere. Heard great things about it being fast too…. My system in my 2017 was smoother.. maybe it needs an update but 1st impression is not good. My 21 I could split the screen as well and have apple car play up top for nav and Sirius on the bottom half. Can’t find a way to do that yet.. hope my experience gets better
Maybe you need this update?

obhitn3

Reaction score
Maybe you need this update?

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Drove home 6 hours from the dealership and one of the things I am looking into today. I hope that’s all it is! Thank you…

wolfmanwooley

Reaction score
Waiting for my 2022 to arrive and thought I would ask about the SIRI function. Basically can it be disabled completely? Had one at home and when it started joining conversations from the other room and playing back some previous conversations it was not included in I unplugged it. It really kinda creeps me out.

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
Waiting for my 2022 to arrive and thought I would ask about the SIRI function. Basically can it be disabled completely? Had one at home and when it started joining conversations from the other room and playing back some previous conversations it was not included in I unplugged it. It really kinda creeps me out.
Siri is a function of the phone connected, not UC5.

Bigred6.7

Reaction score
Need to check my software version now. Found UC5 to be very buggy. Nav through CarPlay stops, screen flickers between different displays and when on a call it will change the audio between car speakers and phone audio as it chooses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dynocompe

Reaction score
Ram needs to make the APP more AFFORDABLE. This is the worst part of the truck. I can go to pretty much any other auto manufacture and get there app for free, if its not free, i get all the functions of the APP for cheaper then Rams Cheapest plan. It is very frustrating and ruins a lot of the tech that is on these trucks because we cant use it past the trial! I am not going to pay $30 a month for this crap, because that is how much they want for it in Canada for a fully loaded plan. Like what are they thinking? This needs to CHANGE!

NowARAMGuy

Reaction score
Hello to our Ram Brand enthusiasts--
<redundant content removed>

If you are experiencing concerns and a reboot of your Uconnect 5 system does not mitigate these concerns, please don't hesitate to send our team a private message with your VIN and any additional details/documentation that will help us get a better understanding of your situation

Thanks,

Ram Cares
I am happy once again! We recently had some extremely cold temps here in Denver, CO and while probably not related, my 12 inch screen went dark. After several searches I ended up on this forum. Through the many comments, pictures and suggestions this community has saved my bacon.

1) The soft reset of the UConnect 12 inch screen didn't appear to work because the screen wasn't working
2) Finding the fuses under the fuse box was a chore and a half
3) Testing the fuses proved that they were good and that left me wonder what else could be wrong
4) I was equally excited and nervous that I screwed the pooch when my screen showed that I had lost all my settings and apps and all the controls
5) I resigned myself to scheduling a visit to the dealership
6) In the morning, I saw a comment that said the system updated itself overnight
7) Ran out to the truck and low and behold, everything came back....everything
8) Feeling exceptionally grateful that this community helped me

Thank you all so very much!!!

Users who are viewing this thread